E-commerce is recognized as one of several major revenue catalysts that we believe will sustain our above-market growth potential for the foreseeable future. We're building an international team to strengthen and accelerate our transformational journey and exponential growth in e-commerce and digital across Europe, Asia, and Latin America. The international e-commerce innovation manager position is a blend of strategy and execution; partnering with regional and country teams to develop new business models and value streams, as well as accelerate breakthrough, functional organizational capability to enable.
In this international role, you will work with dedicated e-commerce resources and commercial leaders to achieve sales objectives through effective management of product, technology, marketing and fulfillment; develop and implement differentiated business models to best position our brands with consumers and end users leveraging regional partners, multiple platforms and businesses; bring your excellence in leading people and organizations through change; and knowledge of established and emerging market opportunities to drive our organization through and to its digital future.
Stanley Black & Decker’s international e-commerce team is looking for a creative thinker with strong organizational agility to lead key business and breakthrough innovation projects. This person will be critical in identifying new business development opportunities, conducting end user research and solidifying the path forward for innovation initiatives within our international e-commerce division. The role will also partner with critical functional partners, including IT and global consumer experience, to leverage first-party data to accelerate e-commerce growth by building more personalized end user experiences and relationships.
Key Activities for This Position:
- Develop and execute business case and plan for the identified innovation opportunities. Drive the plan to prove concept through market/region pilots. This will require situational and internal assessments, competitive overview, strategic goals, portfolio objectives, financial analysis, and action plans.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams within the business, including IT, Commercial, Global Consumer Experience, Product Management, Finance, HR, and Legal.
- Create and manage a balanced portfolio of breakthrough and business innovation projects that allows for short-, medium- and long-term wins.
- Be on the leading edge of innovation management, detect and develop e-commerce and digital trends, use your experience and instincts to select the most promising trends, and turn them into innovation ideas.
- Be a skillful communicator who is comfortable, effective and influential in meetings with senior management teams, as well as have the ability to promote ideas and drive them to become projects.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced startup setting and/or within contexts of ambiguity. Demonstrate flexibility, independence and initiative to perform successfully in a growing and constantly changing environment.
- Build and cultivate collaborative relationships with external partners, including vendors, startups, incubators, and consultants.
Once pilots have been proven, the innovation e-commerce manager will present recommendations to the business on how to successfully scale into the business.
Desired Skill Set for This Position:
- Knowledge and experience in e-commerce, digital marketing, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, and technology trends
- Strong financial skills with focus on P&L and ROI analysis
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- High organizational agility and influence skills, mobilizing x-functional teams and inspiring outside-in thinking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- MBA preferred
- Five years to eight years of experience leading e-commerce business, including e-retail or direct-to-consumer
- Experience guiding build of digital tech stack
- Experience leveraging consumer data to drive personalized consumer journeys
- Consumer goods experience a plus