Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an IT Director, Loyalty. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The IT Director role oversees product teams that drive project execution, application development and delivery across the Loyalty platform. This is a leadership position in the IT Engineering organization reporting to the VP, Loyalty and Shopping Experience.
The director leads a core group of project managers, business analysts, software architects, developers and deployment managers that are responsible for delivering technology solutions that support core IT initiatives that drive business value for Albertsons. Candidates must be experienced in the digital space along with the best practices associated in building world class software. This position will be tasked with direct ownership of all project and program delivery across the Loyalty platform.
The director must have proven managerial experience working with application development and technical professionals, as well as our business colleagues. The individual in this role will provide input on ways to improve our development processes, incorporate best practices and policies. Must have strong communication skills with the ability to discuss and present information and issues across a wide variety of individuals and groups (inside and outside of IT). In addition, this individual must have a proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams delivering high quality and complex solutions within the IT space.
The candidate should have strong background of running Dev OPS teams with emphasis on Agile methodologies, CI, TDD and automation and building scalable software.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with their stakeholders to ensure that they clearly understand the business priorities and are working on the right projects.
- Lead delivery of loyalty portfolio by changing the way we build, test an operate, bringing industry best practices.
- Deliver the necessary forecast for the resources and funding that is needed to achieve the work plans, ensuring the right balance of internal to contractor ratio.
- Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, w/ highest quality) of all IT programs and projects.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to design, build and configure system solutions that align to the functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Ensure alignment with the company's standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements and supportability.
- Help support and establish operational metrics to measure, monitor and improve project delivery and performance.
- Work closely with Product management and business partners to establish 3 to 5 years roadmap for the Loyalty platform.
- Foster a strong vendor partnership that encourages collaboration and offers improvement opportunities.
- Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback and staff development.
- Work across the IT organization to build strong relationships that foster a team spirit.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related experience.
- 10+ years leading effective development teams that are both technical and functional.
- Proven ability to deliver against project schedules and timelines with quality.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage to key objectives.
- Understanding of digital technology space including mobile, spring, cloud, relational and NoSQL database etc.
- Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company.
- Comfortable at communicating at both a technical and executive level.
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence IT professionals across the enterprise.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously.
- Travel 10 percent