American Rhino, a producer and seller of premium African sourced and produced apparel, footwear and accessories that donates 10 percent of all proceeds to the American Rhino Foundation, is seeking a chief marketing officer who will lead direct-to-consumer (D-to-C) marketing activities for all consumer touchpoints, including leadership of the marketing and brand teams.
This highly visible and mission-critical role will report directly to the CEO. The position is located in Boston, MA, with opportunity to work remotely as needed. The CMO will provide direction to the marketing team to drive sales and profits; the creative team to deliver marketing communication materials; and the product team to identify the right product to market. This is a position for a “hands-on” player who will coach various teams to achieve financial sales and profit goals. Extra benefits include traveling to Kenya and exploring the outdoor wildlife.
- Formulate the strategy and lead development of successful execution for overall D-to-C multichannel
- Possess a high customer focus, with the ability to segment the market to identify new prospecting audiences.
- Develop a strategic road map that optimizes the company’s conversion funnels, working cross-functionally to implement it.
- Lead the creative design team to develop marketing materials, events, promotions, and strategies to
support brand objectives.
- Collaborate with product development, merchandising and operational teams to develop and
implement cross-channel marketing strategies designed to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Lead public relations efforts and manage any external agency relationships, including generating
new partnership marketing programs.
- Drive the planning, forecasting and optimization of multichannel D-to-C revenue and profit targets.
- Build performance marketing and brand teams.
- American Rhino is seeking an up-and-coming rising star with more than 10 years of D-to-C marketing experience in high-growth, consumer-facing environments
- E-commerce and retail store experience is required
- Must be a player chief that's able to drive the business profitably as a strategic leader, as well
as executing the details (startup mentality)
- Passion for the brand with the ability to build the brand to become a household name
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong customer focus and data technology skills
- Strong knowledge of digital testing and measurement tools
- Track record of leading/managing effective programs that generate results through SEO, affiliate,
paid digital (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google, Yahoo, Bing), email, out of home, and print
- Proven ability to optimize the brand’s site for conversion
- Ability to lead and scale a high-performing marketing team
- Proven experience setting D-to-C strategies and building teams that bring them to life
- Must be fun to work with and fits with the culture
- Likes to travel
Applications for this position should be sent to Cindy Marshall at SHINE Strategy. Please be sure to include additional information that will differentiate you in your candidacy.