The Lead Analytics & Conversion Analyst is part of a Digital Solutions team tasked with planning, managing and operating the digital platforms that supports the JOANN website and mobile applications; focused on accelerating Omni-Channel growth.
This role leads our analytics program, testing program and site performance consistently focused on conversion and optimization acting as the champion for data driven decision. The Lead Analytics & Conversion Analyst will be responsible for providing customer insights about online behavior, contributing meaningfully insights that will inform future digital business strategies. The Lead Analytics & Conversion Analyst will also play a key role in optimizing the web site experience and will be responsible for coordinating and summarizing results of web site A/B tests. This role is passionate about improving conversion in all steps of the journey and will apply their strong analytical skills and attention to detail in providing insights to assist cross-functional digital teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Manages and oversees our analytics program implementing daily, weekly and monthly reporting, performance monitoring and insights via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis. Leads our relationship with our outside solution providers to define reporting needs and KPI's for the business including creating automated custom reports and tagging recommendations
- Track and analyze web site performance and speed, click stream, and paths to provide data driven business intelligence with actionable insights.
- Use data to hypotheses, build and execute tests and experiences according to the optimization strategy and testing plan. Utilize an iterative approach to optimization and conversion improvements, continuously taking test results and data to formulating new hypotheses and experiments. Creation of initial, interim, and post-mortem reports based on test results and other ongoing initiatives
- Support the development and maintenance of the Tag management system, the Web Analytics tool and technical SEO to ensure tracking, reporting, analytics & SEO are functioning optimally. Identify and troubleshoot data anomalies and irregularities as necessary.
- Participate in site re-designs and enhancements by identifying areas of opportunities and site metric goals
- Implements processes and trains our cross-functional web analytics business users helping enable them to use data for decision making in their area of responsibilities. Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A sound understanding of the digital marketing and ecommerce landscapes
- Expertise with web analytics platforms (Google Analytics preferred)
- Experience with one or more testing platform such as Convert, Dynamic Yield, Maxymizer, Monetate, Google Optimize, Optimizely, or Adobe Target.
- Experience reporting on success/failure results of optimization efforts
- Strong analytical mind and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate in technical and non-technical terms
- Strong decision making skills with a deep curiosity and desire to continuously learn.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills, able to work under deadlines in a fast changing environment, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: 4 Year / Bachelors Degree - Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or other related fields
Minimum Experience: 8+ years in a business or technical role with focus on digital technology systems
Preferred Experience: Omni-Channel experience, ideally eCommerce and/or mobile applications in a retail environment.
This position will be located at:
5555 Darrow Road
Hudson, OH 44236
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.