The Manager Global Sourcing will play an essential role in supporting the Director Global Sourcing by leading the team to execute key sourcing strategies, deliver high quality and high value products, and provide support to the merchant team ensuring supplier matrix optimization and compliance in order to achieve company financial goals.
- Develop and maintain supplier and international buying agent relationships.
- Lead the team to execute strategic direction, as well as managing short term tactical execution to drive penetration goal and cost saving.
- Establish and maintain a cost component breakdown including raw material costs and trend monitoring.
- Develop a process to ensure accuracy in modeling product cost through maintenance of material and packaging cost.
- Manage the flow of import orders by working closely with overseas agents, merchandising team, and supply chain team to ensure product compliance, quality and timely delivery.
- Anticipate potential risks and generate solutions for problem solving.
- Monitor milestone calendars to ensure deadline are met, issues or risks are documented and maintain timely communication with team and stakeholders.
- Track and provide analysis on key commodities and market conditions that influence cost of goods.
- Communicate frequently via calls/video conference with overseas vendors and agents outside of normal office hours.
- Travel internationally to evaluate factories and manage buying agent relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant experience.
- Have deep understanding of Omni-channel retail industry.
- Negotiation, organizational, and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including strategic and critical thinking.
- Experience with quality assurance through product testing and inspection.
- Ability to collaborate and influence a broad group of partners and stakeholders to prioritize competing deliverables.
- Strong analytical and data/reporting skills.
- Effective communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS office application including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bilingual in Mandarin or Vietnamese is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to remain stationary at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 25 percent as needed.