As a premier gifting company delivering flowers, chocolates, and gifts, FTD, LLC is more than just an e-commerce retailer. We strive to exceed our customers' expectations and offer gift recipients something just as extraordinary. We deliver a "wow" experience to doorsteps across the country.
FTD is looking for an SEO Manager to oversee its search engine optimization (SEO) program in-house for one of our brands. This person will own the SEO P&L and must have experience running SEO programs, developing strategies for both mature and nascent brands, and prioritizing resources to drive the largest impact possible.
The candidate will work closely with the Social Media, Website, Creative and IT teams to drive and implement strategic initiatives for overall SEO program improvement, revenue growth, run a link-building campaign, and improve content. This person must be a strong analytically and comfortable handling ambiguity. The candidate should also be a good team player who employs innovative thinking to develop and invigorate programs, exhibit leadership and persuasion skills, be comfortable using a variety of analytics tools and excel at working within cross-functional teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Organic Search P&L and program management
- Consistently and predictably forecast and deliver financial plan commitments for SEO, including Order Volume, Revenue, and Direct Operating Expenses on a monthly, quarterly and fiscal year basis. Establish and manage budget accordingly
- Develop and implement strategic action plans to accelerate the achievement of long and short-term SEO objectives, principally related to new customer acquisition and profitability. Plans must include key initiatives and strategies, as well as detailed timing and tactics
- Understand the major factors that influence organic search crawling, indexing and keyword ranking to help increase relevance search engines including but not limited to on Google, and Bing
- Research, identify, and establish link partnerships to help increase ranking and relevance. Develop evaluation methods for link quality
- Understand and support an understanding of how SEO goals and commitments fit into a larger corporate strategy
- Recommend and build business cases to support IT projects to drive incremental revenue.
- Collaborate with other teams to create a content plan that support branding efforts as well as SEO-focused areas in terms of ranking and revenue
- Perform basic search engine optimization activities, including but not limited to: keyword research/ranking analysis, competitive market analysis, keyword friendly copywriting, and analysis of our site's implementation of SEO industry best practice.
- Track and refine metrics, including referrals, link popularity, rankings, traffic and conversion
- Provide training as needed to others in the organization on issues important to SEO
- Work on other projects as needed
- 3 or more years prior SEO experience
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Advertising or related experience. MBA preferred
- Proven analytical ability and quantitative skills -- strong Excel skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills are essential. Must be able to hypothesize and analyze root causes and then make data-driven recommendations regarding solutions and opportunities Understand how/when to incorporate qualitative data into decision-making
- Experience using analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Understanding of HTML code and site architecture
- Innovative thinker who isn't afraid to challenge status quo and make bold recommendations
- Cross-team negotiation skills and superior communications skills
- Self-starter/motivator who strives for results
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Energy / capacity to work in a fast paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay focused and organized