The manager of e-commerce at Kate Spade New York will support the long-term, profitable growth of Kate Spade’s North America business through strategic positioning and tactical execution of the website, including site preparation, promotion and campaign setup, refining on site search/filters, coordinating inventory and pricing processes, conducting competitive research, and reporting business updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as key business lead overseeing day-to-day functionality and operations of the website to ensure a best-in-class shopping experience for our customer. Managed experiences include, but not limited to:
- promotional event calendar;
- product catalog uploads and performance;
- shop category and navigation setup;
- product merchandising; and
- site search.
- Support ideation and execution of features and enhancements to develop, implement and optimize effective customer journeys.
- Lead monthly site validations to ensure a seamless launch of product and promotions.
- Test and refine user experiences, including analyzing sales data and funnel key performance indicators to understand engagement and improve on merchandising, navigation and promotional strategies.
- Regularly monitor and analyze asset performance utilizing data.
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting analyzing the success metrics of site operations and journey.
- Own analysis of reporting and KPIs.
- Present and deliver KPIs, corresponding analysis and recommendations to leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Partner with Tapestry digital teams to prioritize and translate business needs with customer and conversion top of mind.
- Report issues and enhancement requests to Engineering teams and partner with team through execution of developments.
- Assist in the development and rollout of site enhancements through communication of key business KPIs per project.
- Regularly coordinate with Analytics & Reporting team to generate all necessary metrics and reports to analyze end-to-end customer journey and implement actionable results.
- Own partnership with external vendors to continue to develop and enhance the e-commerce platform and investment.
- Assist in the development of customer- and cart-level analytics to better understand effectiveness of site journeys.
- Leverage business analysis and strong understanding of financial metrics to track selling, identify key customer trends, and maximize opportunities to achieve growth and profitability of the e-commerce business.
- Ideate, monitor and assist testing agenda in relation to operations and customer journey.
- Develop testing ideas based on analysis of current customer engagement and competitor analysis.
- Partner with Tapestry's Testing and Optimization teams on execution and analysis of tests.
- Synthesize findings, structure presentations, and communicate recommendations and action items to drive alignment and execute against key strategies.
- Minimum of five-plus years of professional work experience in e-commerce, including site manager/leadership capacity
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform highly preferred
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to manage cross-functional business partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organized with ability to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and react with appropriate sense of urgency
- Experience with Google Analytics or similar analytics platform
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing With Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; isn't afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Kate Spade New York is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.