Nearly half of U.S. households struggle to handle an unexpected expense of $400 or more. When it comes to managing household expenses, things like a broken appliance or a growing family can be financially burdensome. Ranked fifth on Inc. Magazine's 2019 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States, our team is on a mission to make life’s purchases more accessible and affordable.
Located in the heart of vibrant Philadelphia, we're building a FinTech-enabled e-commerce marketplace that combines quality brands with sensible financing to improve the lives of our neighbors and communities.
We're looking for an experienced merchant to play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining our product assortment strategy, developing and maintaining strategic vendor partnerships, while continually delivering new quality brands and products for our customers.
What We're Looking For:
- You're ambitious in nature, comfortable managing multiple strategic priorities, organized, and passionate about product.
- You're a strong negotiator, able to leverage qualitative and quantitative data to influence negotiations and decision making.
- You're a strong communicator with the ability to contribute meaningfully to brand, product, growth and analytics conversations.
- You're eager to roll up your sleeves to identify opportunities and find efficiencies in a fast-moving company at the forefront of consumer credit.
- You have five-plus years of professional merchandising/buying experience.
- Independently drives sales through the selection of product, pricing and promotion for greatest return on investment.
- Identify brands and products that represent our customers' needs
- Negotiate, build and source compelling product assortments at the best value.
- Negotiate buying terms with vendors (price, quantity, delivery/payment terms).
- Build strong relationships with vendors, focusing on vendor management as well as brand acquisition and development.
- Partner with members of the Commerce and Marketing teams to ensure appropriate representation and promotion of product assortments.
- Support Commerce and Marketing teams in creating and executing against promotion, content and marketing plans.
- Deliver on monthly financial goals.
- Identify and troubleshoot performance downtrends.
- Build and evolve reporting framework to capture all critical metrics and insights, while ensuring all trends to plan are communicated effectively.
- Assist in vetting new opportunities, tactics and partnerships to achieve scale and growth.
- Establish a forecast for each merchandise category and make recommendations on allocation and goals.
- Develop, coach and mentor a team, demonstrating an invested interest in the team members' career growth.
- Actively demonstrate managerial courage, and be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Identify areas of opportunity, be solution focused, and appropriately communicate to senior leadership.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing financial startups in the country
- Competitive salary and equity
- 401k with company match
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance