Purpose of Position
Duluth Trading Company is a solution driven work wear company and gear supplier for get it done guys and gals. Our growth continues to outpace the industry and we value the entrepreneurial spirit that brings out the best in our employees.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Accountable for profitable sales and healthy business metrics
- Directly responsible for the selection of merchandise and assortment planning, by channel
- Drive color counts, color rank, sales, and assortment recommendations, by channel
- Build and drive the season’s strategy and procurement of the assortment, owning color counts, color rank, sales, and assortment recommendations
- Analyze business performance on a weekly basis, presenting results to leadership and cross functional partners
- Ensure assortment and sales plan aligns with merchandising strategies and will achieve planned category growth
- Set up and maintain assortment planning tools, including styles, colors, and product flow
- Determine all facets of Omni channel merchandising, including floor sets, catalog planning and initial sales projection for category of ownership
- Responsible for catalog proofing and catalog merchandising for own category
- Act as key partner in milestone meetings, supporting category initiatives and presenting on business
- Accountable for full understanding and support of inventory strategy
- Always have clear understanding of the competition and drive decisions to fill assortment white space
- Present in quarterly hind sighting of business, clearly articulating what worked vs. what didn’t and growth opportunities
- Partner with inventory management on reviewing future season sales plans, as well as future season planning
- Drive pre-season road mapping, strategy and business needs
- Review and approve inventory’s in season suggestions at read and react, OTB meetings
- Review and approve inventory’s buy strategy suggestions
- Partner with design team to evolve proven core product and introduce new merchandising to drive a new customer
- Initiate and perform additional ad hoc analytical assignments as required
- Initiate pre-season sales projections
- Responsible for determining competitors that relate to your business for your team