Location: Portland, Maine
Purpose: To execute the continuous flow of creative site updates and oversee the art direction of the Design Team's work in support of the brand identity with the end goal of driving sales and increasing brand awareness and reach.
Scope: The Multimedia Designer & Art Director will be responsible for the creative maintenance of the current website, modifying content designs and participating in the development of new functionality to improve user experience. This role is also a lead collaborator on the Sea Bags brand identity and creative development for all marketing, overseeing design development on the design team's day to day work. Translation of the strategic plans provided by the Vice President of Marketing and Ecommerce to execution in the area of Content Marketing is also a core area of responsibility for this role.
- Website Design & Participation in Development
- Creative Brand Identity Development and Art Direction
- Content Marketing Development and Execution
WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
- Research emerging technologies and trends in web user experience, ecommerce, digital design as well as general web standards and browser compatibilities that support and accelerate our goals.
- Create user-centered design solutions by considering customer feedback, usability findings and production constraints. Assist Vice President of Marketing in gathering requirements and scoping projects and initiatives.
- Conceptualize and design high-quality solutions using storyboards, process flows and wireframes that clearly illustrate how designs/technologies function and look.
- Recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, and design intuitive applications to support them.
- Participate on testing team in comprehensive User Acceptance Testing.
- Regular audit/benchmark of industry and competitor websites and email campaigns.
CREATIVE BRAND IDENTITY DEVELOPMENT
- In collaboration with the UI/UX Developer, assist in the establishment and promotion of design guidelines, best practices, and standards within the organization and lead art direction for the Design team.
- Create original graphic designs including logos, images, and icons.
- Lead lifestyle photography and videography and also support the Studio photography needs of the UI/UX Developer. Uphold photography guidelines established in collaboration with Vice President of Marketing & Ecommerce.
- Oversee Retail design needs for in store brand strategy.
CONTENT MARKETING DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION
- Build physical, digital and dynamic content across all channels to support marketing goals.
- Lead execution of content strategy for video.
- Oversee the development and design of blog content.
Must Requirements (including any physical requirements):
- Be a team player and jump in and support any needs in the company when called upon.
- Solid interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to communicate and articulate processes and instructions both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a cross-departmental team.
- 5 or more years of experience in a web design/development environment and 4-year bachelor's degree.
- Intermediate-level in HTML, CSS, JS, Adobe CS Suite, Git.
- Firm grasp of E-commerce Frameworks (Salesforce Commerce Cloud prefered) & Architecture, Sys-Admin.
- Experience in handling architectural and design considerations such as site performance, scalability, re-usability and extensibility.
- Must have a strong understanding of layout, composition, color theory, online marketing strategy and user interface design.
- Ability to create and communicate original conceptual ideas while staying within the parameters of each project.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be willing to work onsite in the Portland, Maine office a minimum of 40 hours weekly.
- Knowledgeable about digital and print advertising as well as print production.
- Experience with digital photography and/or videography.
- Experience with cloud-based project management tools and Google Analytics.