Inspired by art, diversity and attainability, Los Angeles-based Milani Cosmetics® is a market leader within the color cosmetics industry, creating prestige quality makeup at an affordable price. The brand is dedicated to providing luxe for all — luxury that's inclusive, not exclusive. Milani® has amassed a devoted multicultural following of consumers, including artists, change-makers and forward-thinking creators, also known as Milani Makers™, and for over 20 years has been devoted to their absolute individuality and freedom to express their authentic selves. All products are proudly cruelty-free and do not contain parabens, phthalates or formaldehyde.
We Are Milani, Luxe for All ™.
The people operations manager/director (manager to director level applicants will be considered) role reports to the CFO and will partner with the entire leadership team to plan and execute everything HR. You will act as an individual contributor and be responsible for executing day-to-day HR activities spanning all touchpoints of the employee life cycle. The ideal candidate will be personable and entrepreneurial, as well as bring a passion for delivering practical, results-oriented solutions that continue to shape culture, engage employees, and drive results.
- Strategic Partnership: Support the executive leadership team and the organization; understand business priorities and create strategies and solutions to enable desired business outcomes and support transformation of the company. Identify and implement leading practices in the core HR functions per below:
- Talent Acquisition and Engagement: Execute recruiting activities, from the design of roles and job descriptions to postings, screenings, interviews, job offers and onboarding.
- Talent Management: Actively manage retention and development of top performers/high-potential talent. Guide managers to make talent assessments and internal move recommendations based on employees’ strengths and developmental readiness.
- Total Rewards: Oversee all benefits programs and compensation policies, procedures and programs, as well as their ongoing administration.
- Performance Management: Drive a culture of team effectiveness via an ongoing performance management process, utilizing employee feedback, development plans and annual reviews to ensure alignment with the company’s annual objectives.
- Employee Relations: Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and employees regarding employment issues in areas such as policies, corrective action, leaves of absence, safety, terminations, etc. Identify root cause issues and create clear paths to improvement.
- Policy and Compliance: Protect the interests of the company with regard to all local, state and federal legal employment obligations.
- Training: In charge of the creation and delivery of all training as it relates to policy, performance management, staffing processes, etc.
- Office Administration, Workers Compensation and Safety: Manage office staff and office administration (e.g., space planning, safety, infrastructure, postings).
- Culture and Employee Engagement: Partner with internal teams to reinforce the brand vision. Foster a culture of engagement that values diversity and inclusion and that demonstrates fair and consistent management practices.