At Shutterfly, we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy. Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. As a part of the Shutterfly family of brands, Spoonflower increases the depth and breadth of what people can create, customize, and buy by connecting Shutterfly users to more than 1 million designs by independent artists in the Spoonflower global marketplace. Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.
The role of the Category Manager - Home Textiles and Wallpaper is to own our home decor categories and wake up each day strategizing how to drive more business for these products. This role is part of the larger Product Mechandising team who oversees the full lifecycle of all product sold on the site.
The Category Manager will be responsible for end to end category management - from identifying what products will resonate with our home decor customers to ensuring successful launch by working with cross-departmental partners and monitoring post-launch health of each product while ideating on ways to ensure each product is hitting its sales target.
The Category Manager will report to the Sr. Manager of Category Management and work closely with cross functional teams. A successful candidate will have experience in category management processes and understanding of the home textile and wallpaper industries.
1. Conduct trend and customer research to identify launch opportunities within the home textiles and wallpaper categories - regularly access market landscape and ensure Spoonflower is positioned to be a category leader
2. Partner with New Product Developement team to bring product ideas to life
3. Act as lead product marketer for home textiles and wallpaper and collaborate with our marketing teams to ensure successful launch of new products
4. Drive Category Management timelines and calendar
5. Prepare sample packs and run focus groups as needed to meet category and product direction
6. Monitor products post launch to ensure products are healthy and hitting revenue targets
7. Regularly share health of products within the home decor category with larger, cross-department groups to align on opportunities for product improvement or refinement
8. Understand the full shopper experience and work with Product Engineering to ensure we’re offering our community the best shipping experience
9. Own customer insights for the home decor category and develop a strategy for ensuring we are meeting the expectations of our various customer segments
❏ Bachelor's degree (BS, BA) preferred
❏ 3-5 years category management experience in home textiles and wallpaper
❏ Excellent attention to detail
❏ Strong project management skills
❏ Outstanding organization
❏ Exhibits a bias towards action
❏ Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands
❏ Articulate, concise and professional written and verbal communications
❏ Ability to gather, analyze, provide insights and make recommendations
from information and to become proficient in using tools to extract data - Looker experience a plus
❏ Entrepreneurial with the understanding of true ownership of a business or category -
ability to think quick and make pivots based on an evolving story