The Retail and Travel Group at NAPCO Media seeks a senior content strategist.
The Retail and Travel Group is comprised of the Women in Retail Leadership Circle, an association for executive-level women at leading retailers and brands; the Women in Retail Leadership Summit, an invitation-only event that offers executive-level women in the retail industry information on how to conquer challenges in both their personal and professional lives; and Total Retail, the retailer’s source for content and community. Women Leading Travel & Hospitality is looking for a senior content strategist.
The senior content strategist will serve as the strategic and creative lead on “Women in” content as well as on special projects for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality (e.g., research, podcasts, webinars, etc.). The senior content strategist will lead audience and traffic growth across live events as well as digital channels, including email, web, and social media. This is a key strategic role that focuses on identifying and seizing opportunities for growth in audience and engagement across multiple platforms. This individual will be responsible for increasing exposure and consumption of content and helping to shape the company’s distribution and product strategies.
The senior content strategist is an editorial content creator who can define project or strategy based on audience insights and defined success metrics, then oversee tactical execution in support of that strategy. Content is produced across multiple channels, including events (in person and virtual), web, podcast, and video.
Through content, digital and in-person events, and networking, the position’s responsibilities include:
- Oversee and work with appropriate teams for new digital developments, such as mobile and online initiatives, year-round and for mainstay events to the brand.
- Help develop content and brand voice for the newly launched Women Leading Travel & Hospitality brand through digital channels such as website, e-newsletter and social media.
- Assist in speaker acquisition for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality events.
- Assist in content direction for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality events.
- Manage and edit multimedia content for all brands in the Retail and Travel Group.
- Conduct content audits to see where there's opportunity — e.g., content partnerships, sponsored content partnerships (look at sponsorship, our audience, the sponsor's audience, and work on a plan that helps drive return on investment for both parties through different mediums, such as podcast, research, events, etc.).
- Monitor engagement with the digital team and adjust content plan for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality brand as needed.
- Create brand voice for Women Leading Travel & Hospitality. Build relationships with channel owners, partners and speakers, promote awareness and collaboration between content strategy, Marketing, Digital. Build consistent narratives, specifically for digital channels.
Experience, Skills and Attributes for Success
- Three years to five years of writing/editing experience
- Experience in the travel and hospitality industry a plus
- Excellent writing, interviewing and editing skills
- Experience using WordPress as a CMS
- Energetic, self-motivated, highly professional
- Comfortable speaking to large groups for both live and virtual events
- Ability to network and develop industry contacts
- Enthusiastic attitude toward creating new content, driving readership and working with a team of editors
- Ability to generate and develop topic ideas for a variety of media formats
- Ability to understand and utilize analytics for content development
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with MS Office and Outlook, as well as a working understanding of content management systems and InCopy preferred
- Understanding of SEO and social media platforms is a plus
- Understanding of the retail industry is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Writing or related field
Submit resume, cover letter and writing samples.