We’re looking for a Senior Director of Advertising who will lead all advertising and full-funnel creative development in support of Walmart’s business and brand goals, increasing customer engagement, brand perception and driving revenue. You will forge senior relationships with external agency creative teams, closely shepherding the creative process to deliver best-in-class work product, from end to end.
This role will report into the VP of Brand Strategy and Creative and work closely with stakeholders across Brand Marketing, Walmart Media, Retail Marketing and Marketing Operations.
- Define and develop Walmart’s creative tone of voice and aesthetic across all advertising and communication
- Lead all creative development across full-funnel campaigns, working with internal and external agencies
- Develop best-in-class creative product driving engagement, emotional connections with customers and increased revenue
- Work with Walmart cross-functional VP leads to develop individual creative campaigns that deliver on business strategy and product priorities
- Forge senior relationships with agency leaders to shape all work, consistently exploring new partners and creative leaders to drive modernity and creative excellence
- Bring never-been-done-before ideas for reaching and engaging customers
- Work closely with advertising team in support of day-to-day execution of the full advertising and creative process, including reviewing the work, ensuring timelines are met, and managing budgets. Ensure advertising content developed by agency partners supports the creative brief and advertising trends/best practices.
- Works with internal marketing teams (social, media, in-store, etc) to drive creative excellence and effectiveness across all channels
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; identify performance standards; measure progress and adjusting performance accordingly; demonstrate adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Monitor advertising and marketing industry trends and best practices. Reviews customer and audience analytics (internal and third-party). Analyzes campaign performance data (e.g., intent to purchase, message clarity and reputation perception) and evaluates campaign effectiveness.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associate/s reporting directly into you. Assign duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Be an active voice of the customer in all meetings, ensure we are promoting a seamless customer experience, with an EDLC approach, whilst still outperforming benchmarks.
- Role will include travel, including shoots, agency meetings and/or other major meetings.
Skills and Requirements
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 10+ years experiences in Advertising, preferably on the creative agency side
- Experience with big TV-led campaigns and well versed in digital / social communication
- Experience driving results driven creative product, balancing creativity with business strategy
- Passionate about big ideas, experimenting and creative problem solving
- Experience working with large, cross-functional teams
- Adept at managing small to medium team