Drive the buying and planning strategy for the market across the brand's own e-commerce channel. Lead and orchestrate the pre-season planning and buying and in-season allocation and trading for e-commerce, driving execution and securing a holistic approach aligned with global guidelines. Ensure the achievement of market key performance indicators and global guidelines.
- Build. Lead, manage a 38-person team focused on buying and planning for a $1 billion-plus business.
- Key member of the global/local e-commerce leadership team, continuously optimizing on e-commerce experience.
- Lead the continuous evolution of the e-commerce buying and planning process by leveraging internal and external networks to define optimization opportunities and best practices. Evaluate and continuously drive learnings and improvement into global and market teams to evolve our global and local buying and planning processes to maximize full-price sell-through.
- Manage teams leading size breakdowns for e-commerce, assuring they are created according to market needs and incorporated in the buying process. Continuously evolve size breakdowns focused on optimizing conversion, considering geography, product type, sport, gender, and brand nuance.
- Manage allocation strategy and teams to assure that .com store needs are covered by a complex fulfillment landscape, including multiple distribution centers and physical stores.
- Manage teams leading in-season replenishment of stocks according to .com store(s) performance.
- Lead market seasonal stock position, assuring the right volumes are available in .com store(s) and related distribution centers.
- Define and continuously optimize a pre-season strategy for OTB planning and management for the e-commerce channel following the market financial targets.
- Following channel ranges provided by Market CTC Assortment Plan teams, lead buying process for the e-commerce channel and assure right volumes are bought following market OTB plans which optimize conversion and provide the most premium product experience in the industry.
- Lead market trading, assuring timely sales forecast by product for the chain, stock intakes, and in-season markdowns.
- Lead input to Market CTC Assortment Planning teams in regards to range needs by cluster.
- Global Sales and Retail Operations
- Global CTC DTC teams (including Global FO teams)
- Global CTC Pricing and Segmentation teams
- Market CTC (especially Assortment Planning and Price Architecture)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possess a strong skill set needed for pre-season planning and buying for a multichannel direct-to-consumer (own retail, franchise, and e-commerce) global brand, acquired through advanced training, studies, and relevant working experience, with at least five years in e-commerce/online.
- Broad knowledge of merchandising and retail supply and operations topics, and good knowledge of other functional areas involved in the planning and buying process
- Experience in leading and developing teams. Ensure organizational efficiency through effective motivation, training and development of the internal teams using prior experience(s) in people management, fostering strong relationships and team spirit.
- Good understanding of brand building and consumer perspective
- Strong influencer and natural collaborator
- Holistic thinker — establish and drive end-to-end strategies and initiatives encompassing multiple functions
- Manage the business (processes, budgets, and projects)
- Fluent in English
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- University level degree
- 12-plus years of experience (minimum five years of online experience)
- Five-plus years management experience