The Senior Director of CRM and Loyalty will provide expertise and leadership to define and implement customer relationship strategies that successfully build profitable, long-term customer relationships across all channels. You will work with a cross-functional team of disciplines, business partners, and channel execution groups to define and design impactful multi-channel programs, and to ensure proper implementation, activation and measurement are in place. You will lead the development of experience strategies rooted in business and brand goals, customer data and channel-level best practices. You will also provide strategic direction into the data and technology needed to support the implementation and execution of the CRM strategy.
- Help define the overall vision, strategy and roadmap of lifecycle engagement across touch points with the consumer for Bed Bath & Beyond, buybuyBABY and Harmon Face Values
- Assess current programs to determine their fit/evolution into the new CRM vision and road map
- Create personalized experiences to increase the value exchange between our brands and our consumers
- Partner with Analytics team, other business groups, and third parties to identify marketplace and customer insights
- Use insights to develop sound, fact-based marketing strategies to drive incremental ROI against business objectives
- Partner with channel managers to develop omni-channel communication programs and measurement/testing plans
- Define and link program KPIs to business outcomes, and continue to enhance performance over time
- Build, lead and develop a team of world-class, passionate, intellectual curious professionals
- Lead customer segmentation and partner with Analytics to create and validate models
- Create segment consumer journey maps and touch-point activations
- Work with internal partners to establish a reporting dashboard to measure and manage the overall impact and health of various programs
- Drive incremental revenue across the entire BBBY ecosystem – digital and physical
- Identify, evaluate and lead third party partnerships including agencies, data providers and technology solutions that will support the team and the organization in achieving objectives
- Define guidelines and governance for engagement with consumers
- Educate and inspire on what best in class personalization and CRM look like and what customers expect
- Direct and oversee the campaign management team, in the execution of audience selection and targeting
- Bachelors degree required - MBA in Marketing, Finance or Statistics preferred
- 10+ years experience in a database marketing, direct marketing or loyalty/CRM position for a company in an industry with an established reputation for direct marketing excellence (e.g. Retail, financial services, hospitality, telecom, publishing, marketing, etc.)
- CRM/Loyalty program development including detailing functional requirements, developing features/benefits, creating communication strategies, and evaluating program ROI performance.
- Demonstrated success in the development of meaningful and impactful CRM programs.
- Experience in SAS, SAS CI Studio or other customer data suite.
- Strong capability to act in a role that is both strategic and tactical when necessary.
- Very strong business acumen and ability to understand data
- Experience in the development and execution of complex testing scenarios
- Proven ability to distill complex information, and “tell a story” using data
- Must be a proven cross functional team leader and project manager who can interface with all levels including Senior Management.
- Ability to influence individuals without having direct authority.
- Must be technically proficient and knowledgeable in architecture that gathers customer information and feeds database solutions that drives and supports CRM strategies.
- Have strong thought leadership skills coupled with excellent collaborative and influencing traits. Ability to act as a change agent within the organization.
- Ability to recognize critical business needs and determine an appropriate course of action while remaining focused on strategic intent.
- Must have the ability to lead, organize, motivate and manage employees.
- Superior analytical skills; both quantitative and qualitative
- Think consumer-first, distill insights and drive relevant strategies that drive preference and loyalty
- Proactively identify and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Strong business Acumen, agile decision-making, entrepreneurial nature, ability to formulate a strong POV and adjust plans strategically in a changing environment
- Able to create and drive plans independently. High level of curiosity and inventive thinking to differentiate