The Senior Director, Customer Engagement & Acquisition is responsible for managing the relationship with our customers to increase customer loyalty and attract new customers to Christmas Tree Shops. This dynamic leader will leverage knowledge of the retail industry to bring an innovative and agile approach to react to trends in the business and align the team on the execution of all integrated marketing activities; including email and SMS campaigns, print events, social media marketing, in-store activities, PR, consumer trends, loyalty programs, promotional tracking and more.
- Lead digital, integrated, in-store and loyalty marketing teams to deliver on marketing goals, including sales, traffic, impressions, and database acquisition.
- Drive team to perform by thinking differently, being innovative, responsive, and creative in approach to each marketing pillar.
- Partner with Cross Functional Leaders, VP of Creative and Director of Media & Tech Marketing to develop a Marketing Strategy and Marketing Cadence.
- Evaluate strategy and tactics by channel to assess performance. Recognize top performances. Take partners and align the team on initiatives that require a change in direction.
- Build vendor co-op program in collaboration with Merchandising and drive investment across channels for CTS.
- Lead the acquisition of new customers by deploying hard hitting, on-trend marketing tactics.
- Drive team to surpass traffic goals by acquiring new audience and excite existing customer base, including lookalike demographics.
- Partner with Director of Media and Tech Marketing to develop comprehensive loyalty program that drives shopper frequency, basket size and database acquisition.
- Identify seasonal trends and ensure appropriate merchandise and categories are represented in ideal time periods across channels.
- Manage marketing budget through a thorough analysis of all marketing efforts and collaborate with Marketing leadership and Finance on performance to plan.
- Manage external vendors, including paper manufacturers, printers, agencies, influencers, and more.
- Engage PR agency and develop long-term press communication and outreach strategy.
- Enhance CTS digital and in-store marketing approach to be best-in-class by delivering consistent innovation into these pillars of marketing.
- Mentor, manage and motivate marketing team members to deliver on marketing goals.
IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS AND BEHAVIORS FOR SUCCESS
- Results oriented with a high degree of flexibility and nimbleness. Ability to stay laser focused on goals and objectives that deliver results, while responding to the near-term needs of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others with diplomacy and tact, at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to translate key customer insights into compelling brand stories.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, retail promotion, PR, in-store, loyalty, print and other aspects of marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment where concepts are introduced in the marketplace with speed.
- Strong creativity and drive for testing new ideas.
- Analytical skills including the ability to interpret sales and marketing data.
- Respond with agility to changing market conditions and flawlessly expedite processes.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail, capable of identifying anomalies and maintaining accurate work.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships cross-functionally.
- Exhibits optimism and enthusiasm. People feel positively challenged when working with this person. Is responsive and enjoys helping other achieve their goals
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing focus
- Minimum of 5 years Retail Marketing experience
- 5+ years direct management experience preferred
- The position will be a balance of work-from-home and corporate office with periodic travel to stores and photography and video shoots.
CTS is a value brick and mortar home goods retailer with a specialty in seasonal products. The Christmas Tree Shops experience revolves around a trend-right, always-changing mix of merchandise that makes each customer visit a shopping adventure of anticipation and delight. The 50-year-old company has roots in the Northeast with the first store located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and today operates 80 stores in 20 states.