The Sr. Director of Digital Communications & Content is responsible for leading a team of roughly 25 associates responsible for the company’s various internal and external communications channels and the content on those channels, including HDTV (broadcast) operations, the company’s internal websites and external corporate web site – including site development – as well as content creation and visual communications design to support other communications teams within the department and other company functions. The successful candidate must have a high sense of the creative development process while also being adept at discovering and harnessing new and emerging techniques and technologies to communicate internally and externally in the most powerful way possible. This individual must also have a strong strategic and collaborative mindset to ensure the teams’ activities are aligned with the overall communications objectives of the Company and other teams within the Communications function.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Develop integrated internal/external strategies designed to maximize the visibility of the company both internally and externally
- Drive creativity, quality and other best practices across the communications function
- Develop the communications vision and strategy in alignment with the Company’s overall communications strategy, as well as the more specific strategies and initiatives of functional communications teams
- Support enterprise-wide crisis communications preparation and response in support of the Corporate crisis communications team
- Develop and execute communications channel strategy and long-term roadmap for the communications digital ecosystem
- Lead internal and external web site development, including budgeting and vendor management
- Develop members of the Corporate Communications team, as well as other CCEA team members, through personal involvement and leadership
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to develop, articulate and drive execution of large, long-term strategic communications initiatives
- Extensive experience working with senior-most leadership.
- Proven experience leading and developing a high-performing team.
- The ability to make significant decisions under pressure, and act on those decisions, as appropriate
- Strong business acumen and the ability to comprehend and act on complex situations
- The ability to motivate and inspire a large team of diverse team