As the Senior Director, Digital Strategy and Content, you will be a strategic and creative thinker with a passion for all things digital. In this role, you will bring attention to detail as well as creativity and innovation to all responsibilities. You are proactive and self-motivated, highly curious, collaborative and a digital/strategic thinker. You will possess a deep understanding of all things digital and have a passion for discovering new ways to create an innovative site experience. You will be at the forefront of the digital evolution at The RealReal. As a part of this evolution, we are looking for a leader who is customer and consignor obsessed and will drive our flywheel by removing friction in both our selling and buying journeys.
Driving the digital merchandising team and strategies for TRR you will work cross functionally with Marketing, Product, Planning and Pricing and other key stakeholders. You will have a passion for designing customer journeys and merchandising strategies that increase supply, conversion and engagement achieving our ambitious supply and sales targets.
Focused on delivering and executing actionable insights, you inform short and long term strategy and vision for our brand. Drive and improve strategy and process for onsite personalization, content integration, and site merchandising.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Define, refine and optimize The RealReal shopping and digital experience. Analyze and report out on all digital campaigns
- Plan and execute digital merchandising strategies that will meet and exceed sales and margin goals ensuring the right content is in the right place at the right time for the right segment. Establish best practices
- Partner with marketing on audiences and traits to build an end to end personalization and testing strategy on site and throughout all our channels
- Optimize the customer experience, drive direct response but also balance brand voice and consistency. Keep up to date on interactive trends and digital capabilities
- Drive the site campaign and content calendar by testing, learning and optimizing at every step
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders with merchandising reviews, results and upcoming plans
- Optimize SEO
- Keep all content and merchandising metrics up to date and work with cross functional partners to ensure relevant content, and assets are delivered
- Lead, hire and develop a growing team of global digital merchandisers, copywriters, and producers
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of proven success in relevant digital experience - site merchandising and analytics, e-commerce
- Experience with leading digital content campaigns
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends
- Superior communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing a team
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines is required.
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines
- Work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Lead a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary