The Senior Director e-Commerce Technology Solutions is an IT leader with a proven track record of leading a team to build, deliver, and support eCommerce platforms. The role requires technical expertise in a complex technology environment with strong business acumen and a strategic solutioning mindset. This person will have an architecture mindset with a focus on further enhancing the Digital Platform roadmap, eliminating technical debt, and continuously improving the capabilities of Digital Platform. This leader will be the primary owner of the relationship with the Digital Product Team. The successful candidate will be a strong technology partner focused on delivering transformational business change in a fast-paced business environment that expects high quality delivery and continuous improvement.
The Director leads a team that builds solutions through application configuration, code development, and integration of data to improve the execution of business processes
This team focuses on the eCommerce platform(s) including SAP Hybris, Recommendation Engine, CMS, 3rd Party tools (Fraud, shipping, payments, tax, etc.…). This role is responsible for overseeing the modification and implementation of application solutions to meet business needs and to achieve the desired business results with the lowest cost of ownership over time.
- Provide excellence in management and leadership for multiple teams(developers, testers, architects and other technical contributors)to help achieve Total Wine and More Digital objectives.
- Oversee the development and enhancements of E-Commerce platform – including optimizing experience in areas like Product Pages, Catalog, Search, Cart & Checkout
- Drive SEO enhancements for improving the E-Commerce market share via technical delivery and advisement
- Experience managing both onshore and offshore development teams to deliver major, minor and cumulative patch releases.
- Create technical alignment to deliver strategic business initiatives
- Deliver effective integration with in-house and packaged solutions while also recommending approaches to modernize legacy interfaces using innovative models such as microservices, etc.
- Stay current on emerging eCommerce application solution trends, technologies, and best practices
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing work team, encouraging excellence and building a team with exceptional technical talent
- Build a high-performing team which follows the DevOps model for software development focusing on both platform configuration and custom software development while also evolving Scaled Agile methodologies to drive continuous improvement across multiple teams
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or science discipline, Master’s degree a plus
- 5 years or more experience with E-Commerce, Product information management applications required.
- 10+ years related experience in technology management, customer relationship management and staff management
- Expertise in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise eCommerce solutions to achieve business results
- Demonstrates ability to monitor project progress by tracking activities, issues/ risks/dependencies, and provides recommendation for resolution
- Ability to foster a team environment with Agile delivery values