The senior director of global consumer engagement serves as the lead strategist for the development and execution of engagement initiatives across the brand, with a focus on digital/social/influencer/PR. He/she connects with consumers by telling relevant, authentic stories on top-priority consumer platforms to strengthen brand love through meaningful engagement strategies. A critical component of the role is staying current on cultural trends and consumer insights/behavior to enhance content development and digital/social programs. He/she also partners closely with all teams across the organization, as well as key external agencies and retailers, to provide guidance on campaigns and best practices from concept to execution. Reports to the chief marketing officer.
* This role may be remote if the incumbent resides in the NY or CA area.
Strategy, Management and Execution
- Lead the Global Consumer Engagement team — including social, influencer/PR, and content — to drive all aspects of the consumer decision journey from awareness/consideration to loyalty and advocacy, focusing on increasing emotional connections and brand love.
- Responsible for being a key driver of growth by setting business goals, defining key performance indicators/metrics and constantly evolving team roles/capabilities to ensure that they're met.
- Develop disruptive 360-degree programs with a focus on digital to support the global innovation calendar, inclusive of social, influencers, communications/PR, content strategy, experiential events and partnerships; lead execution to increase awareness, generate demand and, ultimately, increase market share.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including e-commerce, brand, channel/international, creative, education and others to ensure that the consumer experience is consistent across touchpoints; represent the Global Consumer Engagement team with key accounts to help fuel growth.
- Oversee strategy and development of all social platforms, including content calendars, partnerships and influencer programs.
- Oversee tiered influencer strategy and development, from always-on programs to launch campaigns, inclusive of organic buzz/ advocacy, paid partnerships and collaborations.
- Oversee communications/PR and experiential events to build buzz and elevate consumer connections with one-on-one experiences, including managing key agency relationships.
- Lead content planning and development of global digital/social assets, including video, collaborating closely with the creative director and brand director; oversee external creators and production agencies to ensure alignment with brand look and feel.
- Communicate strategies and programs to international markets, providing guidelines, learnings and best practices to decentralize and execute locally, when applicable.
- Manage briefings with agencies and vendors for digital/social programs, including production companies, publishing partners and other potential brand partners.
Digital/Social Center of Excellence
- Serve as brand digital/social strategist and subject matter expert; stay relentlessly up-to-date on trends, both within and outside of the industry, to identify and develop new opportunities.
- Understand and advocate adoption of relevant new platforms and technologies, bringing them to cross-functional teams for brainstorming or execution to further business objectives.
- Partner with corporate teams to identify new digital/social trends, platforms and technologies to scale enterprisewide best practices and efficiencies.
- Foster collaboration and inspire creativity/learning among cross-functional teams by facilitating interdepartmental programs with a focus on digital/social.
Analysis, Measurement and Effectiveness
- Guide in-depth analysis of digital/social programs to drive continuous improvement of effectiveness and efficiency; institutionalize a data-driven, strategic mind-set within the team to inform investment decisions across platforms.
- Partner with corporate teams to establish/standardize KPIs (e.g., EMV, social following, engagement, etc.) and re-evaluate or audit for new metrics when needed; provide learnings to share insights and facilitate best practices across brands.
- Track and monitor KPIs in real time to optimize and pivot strategies, tactics and content development, as needed; synthesize analytics to inspire new campaign concepts and ideas.
- Monitor competitive data (e.g., social metrics, NPD data, etc.) to analyze competitors’ effectiveness and stay ahead of the industry.