The Senior Director of Global Digital Commerce is responsible for overseeing the planning, design, architecture, development, testing, implementation, and support of technologies supporting our digital commerce, web content and asset management functions, internationally across brands. The Senior Director will provide leadership to multidisciplinary project teams that include internal IT organizations, program mgmt., business process, business stakeholders and 3rd party vendors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- The Senior Director partners with their respective business counter parts in the development of the short & long term, strategic systems plan. Including partnering with their business on the justification, management and execution of supporting initiatives.
- The Senior Director facilitates technology assessment, RFP and selection process, in collaboration with TPG, Data Privacy, Security and respective business teams globally and locally.
- The Senior Director initiates and directs projects as required to support their business areas globally and locally.
- The Senior Director will work closely with other groups globally to coordinate cross-functional plans and activities. This includes coordination with the other IT departments, program mgmt., business process, Information Security/Audit areas, Data Privacy and business units, regarding new system implementations. The Sr. Director also coordinates system changes as needed in support of business changes or other IT changes, such as a system upgrade.
- The Senior Director is responsible for the research & potential application of newer technologies in their area as driven by PVH initiatives, vendor capabilities or industry best practices and trends.
- The Senior Director is expected to provide value added services to the business in the form of trends in digital commerce, e-commerce, focused on direct to consumer digital activations within stores and online aligned with business goals, and bringing these opportunities to the business for discussion.
- The Senior Director is expected to evolve and support technology standards that align with PVH IT policies as well as those required for Data Privacy and other compliance by supported platform vendors. They are expected to ensure adherence within their staff.
- The Senior Director recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, including regulatory and privacy driven changes to respective countries, as well as compliance (eg., GDPR, CCPA, LGPD, Sarbanes Oxley etc..).
- The Senior Director is responsible to understand and set direction regarding the strategic position of their application(s), including ensuring the company has the required expertise in-house or external, to support it.
- The Senior Director fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, PTO or education
- The Senior Director will manage a team of 4-5 direct reports, and approximately 10 indirect reports
- The Senior Director must be able to act for their GVP in their absence, as well as handle any duties assigned by management.
- The position will be based out of our New York office, with periodic travel to our New Jersey office and other PVH regional locations on an infrequent basis (eg., Europe, Asia), as required.
- 10 years or more experience, within an IT organization supporting global consumer brands.
- 5 years or more experience, planning and managing e-commerce and/or digital commerce, DAM, Web CMS technology related systems implementation and support, internationally.
- Possesses comprehensive business and technical knowledge and organizational skills to oversee highly complex projects with high visibility and high impact on the business.
- Proven experience in prioritizing, presenting and executing plans with inherent change management practices, while meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints with a local or international scope.
- Anticipates and identifies issues that may prevent deliverables; develops and implements root-cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, thoroughness and quality towards assigned tasks/goals in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to quickly handle shifting priorities and work towards agreed upon goals and target dates
- Demonstrated ability working with and integrating multiple internal and/or external teams including outside technology and consulting design/technology agencies.
- Experience in system design, development, testing and implementation phases within both agile & waterfall methodologies.
- Demonstrate excellence in analytical and communication skills, as well as influencing broad technical discussions and decisions at all management levels.
- Uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Expertise in designing, integrating & implementing solutions for scalability and redundancy and with international considerations in mind
- Global, multi-brand and apparel industry experience is a plus.
- Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required
- Graduate degree is preferred