The Senior Director of CRM, Loyalty and Customer Analytics is a data-driven strategic thinker, innovator, marketer and technologist with a passion for building best in class loyalty and CRM programs. He/she directs personalized and relevant customer engagements to drive share growth and champions continual enhancements and optimizations of our loyalty and CRM initiatives. He/she is the business owner of the customer database and leverages it to deliver advanced customer analytics and best-in class database marketing. He/She establishes high performance standards that result in industry-leading customer relationship marketing programs and develops a continual data-driven “test and learn” culture.
- Create data driven, dynamic, relevant, and cohesive customer experiences and messaging across channels
- Actively supervise the development and execution of all CRM programs across all channels
- Set up reporting capabilities for email, sms, etc. and create an environment that enables continuous test and learn to improve response rates and overall brand engagement
- Develop clear strategies and implement tactics to meet all engagement, retention and re-activation KPIs
- Provide ongoing innovative solutions for CRM business process improvement, issues, and needs
- Develop and run specific programs to drive higher visits among different segments of loyalty such as high value, pro, vip, lapsed, etc
- Transition the email program to more personalized communications strategies and tactics
- Develop an A/B testing infrastructure
- Determine integrations points across channels to leverage known customer data
- Own and drive value out of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud relationship
- Leverage Customer Data for segmentation of marketing programs i.e. New movers, Decorators, Style preferences, New Customers, Lapsed Customers, etc.
- Define and build out multi-channel Customer Journeys and Automated Triggers
- Develop and implement a customer contact strategy across channels
- Define a strategy for reducing unsubscribes and establish a growth plan for SMS subscriptions
- Hire, develop, coach, mentor, and empower CRM team and resources
- Own the Insider Perks loyalty program and substantially grow program membership
- Determine goaling by region and engage and motivate the field to hit sign up goals
- Continue to evolve, refresh and enhance the value prop of Insider Perks and its tiers (VIP, Pro, etc) to ensure customers are getting value out of the program and that it seamlessly integrates with cross channel communication strategies
- Partner with treasury and credit card partner to develop and execute strong credit card marketing programs for the purposes of both acquisition and increased usage
Customer Data and Customer Analytics
- Directs the strategy of At Home’s growing Customer Data Warehouse and directs the Customer Data Architecture strategy, development and ongoing enhancements with both internal IT as well as external resources
- Audit, develop, establish and maintain appropriate controls and processes to ensure proper levels of customer data hygiene and PII compliance
- Unify data, ensure customer data availability and integrity and activate data to automate and enhance reporting, analysis, personalization and decision-making
- Continuously review and recommend opportunities to enhance the quality and accuracy of the customer database
- Lead the development of database marketing analytics, such as statistical modeling, decile analysis, customer profiling, RFM modeling, predictive modeling and other analytical techniques to improve customer insights, retention and loyalty
- Develop and optimize At Home’s customer segmentation strategy and leverages segmentation tactics including tracking and analyzing customer segments, customer migration and key KPIs per segment
- Identify customer lifecycles, calculate LTV and develop key customer segments high value, churn, migration, lapsed, etc.
- Enable dashboarding and visualization of customer data
- Continually evolve our customer data strategy for our future state needs
- Stay abreast of Customer Data Privacy laws and work closely with legal to ensure we are in compliance of all regulations
CRM, Loyalty and Analytics MarTech Roadmap
- Serve as business owner for internal and external technology projects necessary in growing CRM
- Develop and implement a technology road map suited to support the needs of the business regarding data hygiene, campaign management, database analytics, business intelligence and other appropriate applications
- Constantly research and scope new opportunities via new capabilities and/or new technologies incremental opportunities
- Oversee strategy, business case, budget, selection and development of new technologies
Qualifications and Competencies
- At least 8 years’ experience Marketing Management including direct leadership of a team/teams
- At least 12 years’ experience in positions relating to marketing, technology and/or analytics
- Bachelor’s degree or more
- At least 5 years’ experience in with various Marketing technology solutions including CRM, customer databases, etc.
- CDP experience a plus
- At least 5 years’ managing marketing projects with direct leadership of budgets, timelines, and resources.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle competing business demands while ensuring execution and consistent results with high energy and a high sense of urgency.
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of CRM database solutions and feeds, loyalty platforms, campaign. management tools and platforms (Salesforce preferred), and BI tools/systems
- Familiarity with cloud data warehouse technology (Snowflake) a plus
- Extensive experience analyzing customer behavioral data with deep segmentation experience