The senior director of wholesale accounts is responsible for achieving the sales, margin and profitability targets for the wholesale division as well as managing the day-to-day operations of wholesale initiatives. This role manages key relationships with retailers and distributors, and finds creative ways to grow sales in these channels.
Additionally, this position oversees the new business development initiatives for the company, attracting and recruiting new wholesale accounts, both domestically and internationally. They will build Charles & Colvard as the premier brand of moissanite in both loose gemstones and finished jewelry while keeping a finger on the pulse of the changing global competitive landscape.
This position is also responsible for managing, developing and training a team of account executives and the business development function that oversees the company’s wholesale channels, including brick-and-mortar retail, gemstone and jewelry distributors, drop-ship retail, and online pure-play accounts. This individual will partner daily with their counterparts in the retail segment, as well as with executive management and cross-functional partners to deliver company financial targets in both sales and gross margin, while delivering on quarterly corporate goals and strategies.
- Work closely with the senior vice president of sales and collaboratively with the executive management team to execute the company’s key strategies.
- Accurately plan and forecast revenue, margin contribution, and expenses for wholesale channels on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Creatively and effectively champion the awareness and growth of Charles & Colvard brands across wholesale channels.
- Build strong relationships and loyalty across all wholesale customers.
- Develop communication, training and support programs in collaboration with marketing for collateral support (e.g., print, digital, video, podcasts, etc.) and distribution.
- Prepare sales proposals, promotional opportunities and key item presentations, and present to key retail partners at all levels, including executive levels, for both existing and new businesses.
- Partner with sales team and other staff to build pipeline.
- Manage and update sales pipeline with relevant sales cycle information.
- Research accounts, identify key players, and manage potential customer information.
- Develop sales strategies to engage and capture attention of prospective clients.
- Generate innovative ideas to engage prospective customers.
- Oversee development of sales reports and style-sales analyses at both the SKU and store level.
- Develop replenishment plans working closely with the finance department and executive management team.
- Oversee assortment style-outs, attribution, content/imagery/asset development.
- Work closely with marketing to create displays, marketing assets and merchandising guides that meet customers’ needs.
- Serve as a brand ambassador with new and existing customers at local and national trade shows, special events, trunk shows, or other events featuring our brand and our products.
- Review and negotiate existing, renewal and new contracts with distributors and retailers.
- Train, develop and motivate a team of account executives and the business development function to work autonomously with selected accounts to strengthen partnerships, forecast and plan the business, and ultimately increase revenue and margin contributions.
- Highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strategic working relationships with team members at all levels across the organization and external stakeholders, including executive management
- Demonstrated ability to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong analytical/math skills, including retail math
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to solve problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in merchandising, marketing, e-commerce, or related field
- 10-plus years of experience in wholesale sales and/or retail sales
- Minimum of five years managing a team of two or more account executives and/or business development managers
- Previous jewelry/accessories sales experience preferred
- Experience interfacing with executive management and board of directors in a publicly traded company preferred
To be considered for this position, please email your cover letter/resume to email@example.com.