This role is responsible for day-to-day North America marketing initiatives, which includes all channel integrated marketing strategies, direct ownership of store collateral and signage, events and store-specific support. The right candidate should have a proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, inclusive of positively and proactively collaborating, problem solving, navigating complexity and driving/adhering to deadlines.
This role serves as a dedicated North America marketing partner across the organization, working most closely with the Global Marketing, Digital, Media, PR, Ecommerce, Store Operations, Field Leadership, Community, Visual, Creative and Marketing Ops teams.
Success necessitates the leadership and independent thinking to gather information needed to diagnose problems, make recommendations, and exercise independent thinking to make effective decisions.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency to…..
- Drive the execution of key annual brand and retail marketing strategies in partnership with Business and Integrated Marketing leadership – from initiatives design to implementation and assessment of results.
- Lead and support seasonal integrated marketing plans and briefs utilizing consumer insights, internal and external resources for consumer data and partner with Marketing Operations, Creative Services and marketing channels leads (PR, Events, Social, CRM/Digital, Customer Experience and Visual Merchandising) to define programming, strategy & executional plans
- Identify and execute on opportunities to evolve store experience and services to drive customer engagement in collaboration with crossfuntional partners
- Support the seasonal 360 marketing planning process for all marketing activities
- Identify and support key retail marketing tactics to support seasonal brand and product priorities
- Support implementation of marketing plan from development to execution and hindsight, and leverage learnings to inform future seasonal planning
- Support and scale local marketing efforts to drive community engagement
- Develop materials and tools to support store-led marketing programs
- Collaborate with stores leadership to identify and test new tactics and scale if successful
- Prepare and deliver presentations for a variety of audiences, including senior leadership.
- Manage time of self and cross-functional partners - ensuring all key stakeholders adhere to and meet creative and production deadlines.
- Track and report program specific, weekly & monthly KPIs
- Manage the annual marketing budget, with support from the Sr. Director and Finance partners
- Nurture and develop a team of supporting roles
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in a multi-channel marketing role
- An understanding of digital – online marketing/e-commerce experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, project management and communication skills.
- Self-starter with a hands-on approach, good instincts for prioritization and the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Must be highly collaborative and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in budget management
- Thorough understanding of marketing metrics
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person’s career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale
and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.