Canada’s most iconic and leading luxury retailer, Holt Renfrew is seeking a Senior Vice President, Marketing, based in Toronto. The SVP Marketing will serve as a member of the Executive Team and report directly into the President and CEO.
The role aims to add a visionary brand leader and proven marketer to the company to strengthen its leadership position in the category, re-energize the brand to attract new audiences, accelerate foundational work on sustainability as a company priority, and leverage innovative and digital platforms to acquire and engage customers. The SVP Marketing, will also be accountable for growing the business and driving traffic to stores and the global digital flagship.
The successful candidate is a high performing leader who has built outstanding internal and external relationships/cultures, making team and employee development a priority. They are experienced at working in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to address real time challenges while simultaneously focusing on driving the future of the brand. They are a teacher, a leader, and a superb marketer who understands that driving transparency and collaboration across multiple teams and functions is the key to both individual and organizational success. They are as passionate about the success of our e-commerce business, just as they are of our brick and mortar stores. They have strong ethics and a desire to work for a values-led organization.
The role will initially oversee the following areas: Content Creation, Project Management and Account Servicing, PR, Marketing & CRM and Store Marketing and will partner closely with Brand & Creative Strategy (reports to President).
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Being passionate about all things marketing, tenacious in their pursuit of excellence and thrives on being a great leader and winning
• Lead the Company’s integrated marketing strategies with a focus on cross channel customer engagement & sales
• Create and drive the customer acquisition strategy
• Lead and implement content strategy, develop relationships, and create messaging and customer communications.
• Lead the PR and Events team to drive innovative events, pop-ups, and meaningful and engaging customer experiences
• Strategic focus on planning, buying and measuring our media effectiveness
• Partner with Store Marketing teams to enhance local programs, supporting the stores with their marketing deliverables
• Build, mentor and motivate a high-performing team that challenges the status quo by driving outcomes that improve revenue and profits at light speed.
• Develop and integrate ROI-based, measurable marketing programs that align with Holt’s business priorities and deliver predictable outcomes.
• Manage external agencies and vendor relationships
• Work closely with the Executive and Senior Leadership team to develop strategy and brand voice (internally and externally).
• Optimize and standardize campaign and program creation at the store level and national level.
• Serve as the senior level marketing thought leader offering strategic input and guidance across the broader organization to ensure all teams benefit from market knowledge
• Work across Holt Renfrew to help other leaders and Executives gain a better understanding of the latest insights in luxury retail, competitive challenges and expectations pertaining to customer experience including a view on omni-channel, e-commerce and digital marketing leading practices.
• Seek out new and emerging channels to deepen customer engagement, as well as explore existing and overlooked channels to attract new customers.
• Establish and maintain a full view of all Holt Renfrew marketing activity and partner with the Creative team, Visual Merchandising, Merchants, and other departments to optimize as needed.
• Manage concurrent, cross-functional Marketing projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment with equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
• Foster consultative and collaborative relationships with business unit leaders (e.g. Stores, Creative, Information Technology, Special Projects) to provide proactive identification of opportunities and solutions that increase effectiveness of sales and service.
• Lead, motivate, and retain a high-performing team that is capable of delivering results to meet individual and company performance goals.
• Serve as part of the executive leadership team with a focus on creating and fostering a culture of employee engagement, career development and high-performance.
• Lead by example as an ambassador of Holt Renfrew’s brand spirit by living our values each day and influencing others to do the same.
The ideal candidate:
• 15+ years of progressive marketing, social, content and digital marketing and CRM leadership experience
• Strong understanding of the Canadian digital market
• Relentless dedication to the delivering the optimal customer experience across all channels
• Excellent interpersonal and influence skills; a team player who is able to act as both a leader and an individual contributor across levels and the organization
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, complex and ever changing environment
• Doesn’t believe in siloed thinking; understands the big picture and has cross-functional knowledge
• Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a proven ability to consume, understand and effectively leverage data
• Proven experience leading and developing large, high-performing teams
• Confident and effective communication (written and verbal)
• Passionate about fashion and luxury retail