Bombas is a comfort-focused apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas is continuing to innovate with new socks and apparel while creating a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
At Bombas, comfort is heavily rooted in our DNA. While striving to provide comfort for all, we welcome and celebrate minds from all backgrounds regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran status, race, religion and sexual orientation. We highly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Come as you are and we’ll welcome you to the Hive.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
About the Job:
We’re looking for an SVP of Impact to oversee the strategy and drive the execution around how Bombas can have a greater impact on the world. This person will report directly to the CEO, and will be responsible for centralizing, operationalizing and leading our commitments to the community, overseeing our Giving, Sustainability, Diversity, Equity + Inclusion (DEI), and all other ESG strategies and departments.
This person will be responsible for bringing these areas into the fold of every aspect of our business, leading a multi-faceted Impact Strategy and ensuring adoption and prioritization across the organization. They will be tasked with both professionalizing our powerful Mission and layering in additional Impact strategies newer to the business.
While we’ve started work and some execution on DEI, Sustainability and ESG to date, this role will be responsible for setting up dedicated teams, strategy development (alongside our existing teams and consultants) and goals, helping to drive the adoption of these new goals throughout the organization, and measuring our success and impact.
This person will also oversee our Giving Team to grow our Infrastructure and scale our current strategy and operations as we grow globally, building forward-looking vision beyond our current offering and measuring our success against clear goals.
The ideal candidate will be strategic, passionate, and inspired to drive change, with exceptional leadership skills to motivate teams across the entire organization. This role will help us set clear prioritization and focus within Impact, set up actionable goals and long-term vision, and rally the full organization to adopt these new concepts and help us deliver on what matters most - taking a mission-driven organization and helping create our future trajectory for impact on the world.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing Bombas’ overall Impact strategy and execution, managing the departments and strategies for
- Giving (Mission)
- Corporate Responsibility
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Working with the Executive team and Impact teams to define vision, strategy and key goals for Impact departments.
- Partnering closely with Executive Team and FP&A Team to ensure that all plans are built in tandem with our financial, channel, and geography strategies and are properly scaled to account for both business and social impact
- Identifying risks and opportunities around our current approaches
- Maintaining strong relationships within the industry, understanding how the overall landscape is evolving, and how our strategy should evolve with it
- Develop strong relationships across business units to ensure alignment and maximize engagement in Impact programs, campaigns, and strategies
- Be accountable for the effective measurement and evaluation of our impact programs to ensure accountability and awareness
- Track and report progress on budget and key performance indicators
- Scope and manage work-streams, closely manage progress against objectives, highlighting roadblocks as soon as they arise and taking responsibility for high-quality, timely execution of deliverables (e.g. Board presentations, research briefs, memos)
- Work cross-functional Operations, Communications, People, Legal, Sourcing, Accounting and other cross-departmental functions, to ensure our Impact strategy is adopted, considered and successful
What we’ll love about you:
- Demonstrated commitment to public service, with a passion for giving back and a strong belief in the ability of businesses to drive real change
- Ability to align systems, programs, and people with the company strategy and culture
- Ability to achieve results through collaboration, exerting influence without direct authority
- Demonstrated ability to meet and hold others accountable to deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience in impact measurement and evaluation
- Utilize a broad range of both quantitative and qualitative tools and methods for analysis.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adjust style and content across audiences (executive, the Hive, external partners)
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to build and iterate on process across multiple simultaneous projects
- Understanding of each of our stakeholder groups, both internally and externally, and how to prioritize a constantly-evolving set of options and possibilities
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up attitude
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, 100% employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings, and two annual company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in NGO management or strategy, non-profit consulting or impact-driven roles within for-profit organizations
- Experience in social impact, environmental impact, corporate social responsibility, and/or corporate philanthropy.
- Direct experience with physical product, sustainability, diversity, equity + inclusion or issues surrounding homelessness is a plus.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Director of Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Only requests related to accommodations will be responded to.