With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for supporting an always-on customer panel, regular customer surveys and also manages brand health measurement for all three brands. Position partners with customer analytics and strategists to identify business risks or opportunities that warrant deeper understanding. This position designs multi-tiered research plans to gain forensic-level data on our products, experiences and brand, collaborating with all internal teams of the businesses.
- Develops a deep understanding of the Chico’s FAS brand customers and how to action learnings across functional areas.
- Identifies areas that would benefit from research and recommend approach.
- Recommends the appropriate research methodology and supporting techniques.
- Conducts customer and market research.
- Presents research findings and implications to executive leaders.
- Works cross-functionally with areas such as merchandising, marketing, finance, store operations, decision science, etc.
- Works with team to set and achieve department objectives.
- Direct third-party resources to prioritize and deliver on business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field required
- 3+ years primary consumer research, marketing experience or related experience
- Self-managed, self-motivated entrepreneurial individual
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with cross functional teams and all levels of management
- Track record of managing complex work streams to good outcomes
- Strong business acumen with understanding of key drivers of costs and revenue
- Demonstrated ability in qualitative and quantitative research approaches including surveys, brand health tracking, syndicated data, online panels, and focus groups required.
- Proven experience in building effective teams and cross-functional relationships required.
- Demonstrates strong interest in continuing to develop analytical skills
- Comfortable using and learning computer software; experience with survey/research software is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cultivate productive vendor relationships
- Comfortable with developing and expressing an informed, individual point-of-view
- Ability to work effectively within an ambiguous environment
- Experience with and desire to develop skill set to become a resident expert in one or more research methodologies and/or panel management
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.