We are looking for a senior director, general manager, sneakers to join our Verticals team at eBay. Based in San Jose, CA and managing a team, you will own the category, which is one of the most strategically important for eBay and comprises a key role of the Verticals organization. If you're customer-focused, analytical, able to build meaningful relationships, have an ownership mindset, and are ready to make an exciting move, we would love to hear from you!
The GM will be accountable for delivering the overall business objectives, driving day-to-day operations for the Sneakers category, and achieving specific objectives related to volume of commerce, revenue, profit margins, and consumer satisfaction for buyers and sellers. The GM will work strategically to identify and prioritize opportunities and execute cross-functionally to drive the business forward across a variety of business-critical metrics.
This will include driving product, marketing, advertising, inventory, monetization, trust, site experience, business development, and other operating decisions across the Sneakers category. With P&L responsibility, you will support the management team in the achievement of corporate objectives. You will develop and implement a regional strategy and participate fully in the definition and ongoing evolution of eBay’s global strategy and culture as a part of the Verticals leadership team.
- Drive performance against P&L levers influencing revenue across the business.
- Drive category strategy (including pricing, inventory, promotions, site experience).
- Lead vertical, horizontal, cultural, and retail moment execution as it relates to sneakers specifically on eBay and its customers.
- Define and execute strategies that will enable organic category growth across buyers and sellers.
- Build and share a vision that identifies new opportunities, foresees upcoming challenges, and proactively addresses issues.
- Lead all aspects of performance and business planning for top sellers, buyers and third-party partners.
- Oversee team’s performance on key metrics (pricing, inventory, discoverability, customer satisfaction, gross merchandise volume, etc.), as well as platform feature ideation and adoption.
- Drive strategic product, policy, communications, business development, marketing, and inventory initiatives in a holistic manner to improve buyer and seller satisfaction.
- Drive eBay event planning with marketing campaign manager and planning function.
- Lead marketing plan development and category management asset requests (e.g., placement, coupon, support, etc.)
- Twelve years to 15 years experience with increasing responsibility as a general manager in an online marketplace, digital platform, or retail environment. Startup experience valued.
- Broad functional skillset with proven success in multidisciplinary leadership, including marketing, product, operations and P&L leadership
- Excellent decision-making skills with a knack for identifying, prioritizing and articulating the highest impact initiatives
- Comfortable making decisions with imperfect information where you may have ambiguity and need to use data to meet deliverables and drive initiatives to completion within specified timelines
- Prior experience successfully leading and inspiring diverse teams
- Passion for the sneakers category, as well as industry experience and relationships with key industry players
- Experienced at influencing and negotiating with third parties in complex negotiations
- Execution-driven, growth-oriented, customer-centric ownership mindset to drive performance against agreed key performance indicators
- Deep insight into the digital sector
- Ability to develop strong cultures, lead groups of individuals effectively, and manage cross-functional coordination
- Peerless communication and presentation skills, adroit at communicating simply and effectively in large or small group settings
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree required, MS/MBA preferred