The vice president of brand marketing will report to the chief marketing officer (CMO) and directly oversee global product marketing as well as innovation and consumer engagement. The role is responsible for driving three-year product innovation and strategy to align with Murad brand DNA, global brand strategy and financial targets.
The vice president of brand marketing also leads the strategic development and execution of consumer engagement programs and brand initiatives, while identifying and developing key growth opportunities. She/he connects with consumers by telling relevant, authentic stories across all consumer touchpoints, from Instagram to in-store, to strengthen brand love through meaningful engagement. A critical component of the role is staying current on cultural trends and consumer insights/behavior to enhance brand purpose, positioning and business objectives.
He/she also partners closely with all teams across the organization, as well as key external agencies and retailers, to provide strategic guidance on relevant brand programs, including ideation, planning and performance. In partnership with the CMO, the ideal candidate will drive cross-functional teams to become a purpose-driven brand, while continuously refining our purpose to stay relevant and planning campaigns to scale reach.
- Lead innovative product development and pipeline strategy by leveraging insights and analytics in support of the brand's global strategy, brand priorities and growth objectives.
- Ensure robust pipeline for professional, retail and international channels. Partner with the vice president of research and development (R&D) to lead annual innovation workshops.
- Determine white space opportunities by category/channel and develop innovation solutions based on findings from macro trends, consumer insights and analytics; design road map to enable future of new product launches.
- Oversee the new product launch process and lead go-to-market planning, cross-functionally working with all teams to ensure alignment and consistency of message across all consumer touchpoints and best-in-class launch execution to increase awareness, generate demand and, ultimately, increase market share.
- Responsible for articulating product positioning, developing concept and launch tools leveraging innovation and creativity for each launch of the calendar year. Ensure strong product differentiation for Murad by exploring new product forms, new and remarkable packaging ideas delivered with exemplary execution.
- With a long-term, insightful view of the industry, lead the global consumer engagement team to drive all aspects of the consumer decision journey, from consideration to loyalty, focusing on increasing emotional connections and brand love. Responsible for being a key driver of growth by setting business goals, defining key performance indicators/metrics, and constantly evolving team roles/capabilities to ensure that they are met:
- Oversee strategy and development of all social platforms, including content calendars, partnerships and paid advertising.
- Oversee influencer strategy and development, from always-on programs to launch campaigns, inclusive of paid partnerships and collaborations.
- Oversee communications/PR and experiential events to build buzz and elevate consumer connections with one-on-one experiences, including managing key agency relationships.
- In partnership with the CMO and e-commerce team, position Murad.com as the brand's digital flagship and oversee brand digital campaigns, including media, emails and p-page content.
- In partnership with channel leads, develop conversion-driving programs at the point of sale, including direct-to-consumer/direct response campaigns, retailer-specific opportunities, and more.