Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always stood for optimistic femininity. Today, the brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. Polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color — Kate Spade New York’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. Under the vision of creative director Nicola Glass, the brand continues to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio, a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation and inclusivity.
Job Title: Vice President, Customer Experience
Purpose: The vice president, customer experience, is responsible for retail training of the brand. This includes the development and implementation of a global training strategy. The role also ensures the activation of this strategy in partnership with cross-functional partners with the goal of creating a globally consistent customer experience across retail, customer service and wholesale. The vice president, customer experience leads a team of training professionals in North America.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in customer experience and learning and development to accomplish the following:
- Drive a holistic training strategy to create a globally consistent customer experience across retail, customer service and wholesale, including clienteling/outreach.
- Develop and implement training content that amplifies both product and the customer experience, and brings the brand to life across all channels.
- Regularly assess needs and themes of the retail organization.
- Design progressive universal learning tools that can be applied to new and existing markets.
- Leverage existing programs and tools.
- Own the Guest Journey program and ensure continuous program development and implementation.
- Lead training plan and execution in North America.
- Influence the training plan implementation with our directly owned markets and partner businesses around the globe.
- Own defining and driving key performance indicators that support omnichannel selling.
- Set agenda on rollout for client tools in partnership with store and IT teams.
- Responsible for partnering with brand and digital leadership teams in defining in-store customer journeys.
- Partner with store and HR teams to drive associate engagement and incentive programs.
- Stay up-to-date on key market trends and technologies that are used in support of engaging consumers and associates to enable seamless shopping and discovery interactions.
The accomplished individual will possess:
- At least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Strong expertise in the development, team building, and training of retail organizations.
- A deep understanding of the industry and the ability to grasp cultural and commercial nuances.
- The ability to leverage technology to improve effectiveness and scalability of training programs.
- A track record of developing and implementing a consistent, scalable global strategy for the function and building capabilities to support business objectives and growth.
- The ability to interact with and effectively influence multiple cross-functional partners and employees at all levels of field and corporate management in a complex, matrixed environment.
- Strong initiative, sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Retail math fluency.
- Experience in leading and developing a team.
- College degree or equivalent required.