The vice president, digital will lead the digital business strategies for Gucci North America. Responsibilities include the development and optimization of the digital retail, digital marketing, and digital operations functions. The vice president, digital will ensure strategic implementation of digital content, merchandising, marketing, and digital client experience in partnership with the senior vice president of digital, customer engagement and client services as well as worldwide partners. The vice president, digital ensures that the online experience is aligned transversely with retail to deliver consistent brand and coordinated experiences between the channels.
Cross-functional partners include the marketing and communications team, merchandising team, retail experience team, client services and the consumer management-client engagement teams.
- Direct and manage digital marketing team and facilitate collaboration between North America marketing and communications and worldwide digital business teams.
- Oversee and develop the implementation of search engine marketing, search engine optimization, and affiliate strategies to produce stronger digital marketing campaigns and drive digital performance and results.
- Responsible for profitable growth of online sales of SEO and SEM for Gucci.com in North America.
- Approve and strategize digital marketing channels, inclusive of emerging marketing tools.
- Have a thorough understanding of key marketing metrics, and identify opportunities to exploit market developments.
- Track competitors, both in the luxury space and best-in-class retailers, and benchmark key performance indicators (KPIs) against the industry.
- Facilitate strong cross-collaboration between digital marketing, merchandising and content to bring each collection, each campaign and Gucci long-lasting lines to their full potential.
- Support collaboration between digital experience, retail experience director and consumer management-client engagement to orchestrate and coordinate consistent brand experience between the channels.
- Responsible for overseeing content creation, merchandising, and supply chain coordination for digital retail.
- Ensure continual analysis of the voice-of-customer research, client service feedback and post-purchase surveys for insights and work with retail team on actions.
- Collaborate with worldwide partners and work with business leaders to ensure consistent digital brand presentation across our retailer partners, inclusive of concession and online wholesale, in order to expand current guidelines, which are currently only established for marketing.
- Oversee the creation of differentiation, providing compelling reasons to shop on Gucci.com vs. wholesalers with long-established loyalty programs.
- Develop Digital Merchandising, Digital Content, and Digital Analytics team members.
- Support the senior vice president of digital, customer engagement and client services in the creation of strategic initiatives of omnichannel client journeys.
- Ensure cross-function collaboration and strong working partnerships with consumer management, client services, warehouse/logistics and retail operations to co-create an elevated luxury experience.
- Key stakeholder in alignment with worldwide digital and on the Gucci.com road map.
- Ensure digital excellence targets and all relevant service-level agreements (SLAs) are in place.
- Monitor and supervise fraud management and post-purchase servicing.
- Map out and understand in detail the end-to-end client journey and the associated metrics and KPIs for each stage, identifying any client friction points and finding ways to solve them.
- Oversee the execution of digital project management and initiatives.
- Develop business cases as needed for new strategic initiatives in UX design, site UX, client experience, and omnichannel services that deliver revenue growth, securing buy-in from regional leadership team.
- Manage business performance to identify opportunities to improve KPIs like net sales, conversion, and net-down ratio.
- Lead and develop Digital Operations team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years experience in luxury digital or e-commerce
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills in front of senior management and large groups
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, which demands both quick thinking and strong attention to detail
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Systems capabilities and numeric aptitude
- Proven ability to maintain and prioritize a customer-first mind-set
- A deep understanding of customer journeys, with proven ability to transform customer needs into quality experiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results
- Creative thinker with demonstrated success driving innovation, from vision to execution, and delivering tangible business results
- Shares information constructively with a mission to educate and advocate for the digital business across the organization
- Financial reporting and cost management, oversees P&L to meet sales and profitability targets and manage controllable costs
- Responsible to plan sales for annual budgets and bi-annual revisions