Forever 21 is looking for a seasoned, passionate Digital Transformation leader to take on the role of VP, Digital products and technology reporting into Chief Technology Officer with leadership responsibility across all digital technologies including e-commerce, digital marketing, customer service and marketplace. This is an opportunity to own and drive one of the most important initiatives in the company. World-class customer experience, operational excellence & retail innovation through digital products are essential pursuits of this well-supported, highly visible role.
This role will directly oversee Digital IT teams driving omnichannel customer experiences through Forever21 digital properties. S/he will be responsible for user experience and site operations and analytics, product roadmap, engineering, technical development and release process across the digital platforms. S/he will provide leadership for all transformation initiatives across all-digital systems, specifically E-commerce (Salesforce Commerce Cloud), Mobile App, Order management, Customer Service, Marketplace and Omnichannel capabilities. People management and driving more product driven agile culture will be part of the responsibility.
S/he must feel comfortable wearing multiple hats in a fast paced and high growth environment.
S/he will be part of both the Forever 21 Executive Leadership Team, as well as the SPARC Digital Leadership team (TBD).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Owns customer experience and product roadmap across all digital touchpoints focusing on customer centricity
- Lead User Experience design, Product Management and Engineering functions to deliver new features and functionality in conjunction with the technology team
- Drive data driven culture and decision making and build out analytics capability across Forever21, Lead data and analytics and merchandising to optimize conversion (deeply familiar with web funnel optimization, A/B testing and personalization)
- Drive technology strategy and implementation for Marketplace and international operations
- Technology enablement of fulfillment and omni-channel vision/strategy by partnering with retail team supply chain and lead online execution of channel agnostic strategy
- Lead and develop multifunctional, high-performing e-comm/digital teams, manage distributed scrum teams of product managers, engineers and quality assurance
- Manage supplier relationship and compliance for all partners and system integrators for digital engineering
- Manage operating budget on the technology side and drive continuous improvement through efficiencies and innovation
- Working cross functionally with partners in the Distribution Center, IT, Community, Digital team and Store Operations to ensure efficiency in both back and front-end operations for a flawless guest experience
- Remain up-to-date on current and emerging technologies and trends and how they can be incorporated into the existing business plan
- Responsible for the development, integration, and ongoing support of any new technical strategies or processes in relation to web page design and optimization, applications development, and search engine optimization
- Analyze current and projected ROI’s on all initiatives to assist in long-term planning for the department and it’s multiple functions
- Informed POV on site UI/UX opportunities for optimization of conversion and margin – for both website and mobile app
- Own communication to both F21 & SPARC leadership with respect to the F21 Digital Technologies
- Partner with the VP, E-commerce (who owns e-commerce P&L and commercial organization) to deliver digital capabilities on the technology platform. While the VP, E-commerce will focus on driving the e-commerce sales and profitability, VP of Digital Products and Technology will be focused on enabling the right set of products and technologies across channels based on business priority as defined by VP, E-commerce
- Bachelor’s degree in Information systems with deep understanding of digital technologies
- Must have 15+ years of strategic E-Commerce technology management experience, preferably within Apparel and/or specialty retail and or Tech companies, with the proven ability to develop and implement a successful E-Commerce technology; 5+ years of senior management level experience required
- Prior experience in some or all of the following technology areas is essential: conversion improvement, customer loyalty and retention, search engine optimization, online/mobile marketing, web analytics, customer service, and E-commerce order fulfillment and distribution/shipping, marketplace
- Strong technology knowledge/background is desired. This includes a conceptual understanding of Clouds and Micro-services based architecture, e-commerce and digital marketing technologies, CRM and loyalty systems, customer service technologies, order management and marketplace technologies
- Exercising a deep understanding of customer touch points (store, web, phone etc) across all channels
- Must be skilled at using analytics to drive decision-making
- Knowledge of the tools, methods and approaches that are driving higher conversion rates, increased average order value and acquisition techniques
- Experience leading digital teams across User Experience, Product Management, Digital Marketing and Web Merchandising
- Expertise in loyalty techniques and cross-channel analytics and measurement
- Ability to recruit, train, develop, evaluate, discipline, reward, coach a team in a way that attracts and retains high quality and qualified employees
- Proven leadership ability, stakeholder management and excellent communication skills – verbal and written.