The Vice President, E-commerce and Digital Strategy will own and drive revenue and profitability for performance marketing driven e-commerce, with defined ROI growth targets via high-intensity analysis and portfolio management. As the head of both e-commerce and digital marketing, this leader will be responsible for all paid and owned/ organic marketing channels including paid search, paid social, organic search, display/programmatic, affiliate, and site experience/ CRO. The Vice President, E-commerce and Digital Strategy will use these channels to drive the acquisition, retention, and revenue goals for the company, while balancing both the ‘art and science’ or the ‘magic and logic’ of marketing. S/he will also own the site and user experience in partnership with our technology group with the support and outside partnerships where applicable. Additionally, s/he will support retail channels using digital tactics and techniques with best practices for omnichannel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in partnership with product design and brand/creative team to ensure proper best practices are followed related to PIM, digital asset management, metadata, etc.
- Works in partnership with brand/creative team and external branding agencies to ensure all options for consistency on-site and best CMS practices are followed
- Oversees day-to-day e-commerce operations, development and performance measurement
- Analyzes and assesses the effectiveness of all existing operations and current needs based on new technology, goals and market competition with option to restructure/reorganize e-commerce and digital marketing team(s).
- Work across existing teams in a leadership capacity to define strategy and develop ongoing business plans and KPIs associated with key milestones for inbound and outbound projects (and corresponding budgets) related to e-commerce sales channel and retail channel support.
- Create and manage a robust data strategy that centralizes first party data and enhances user profiles using PII and non-PII data in privacy compliant manner, leveraging 2nd party (partner) data, 3rd party licensed data and other data onboarding techniques. Operationalize platform to activate data to 1) create behavioral based segments using site behavior and marketing actions 2) personalize the site, customer communication and advertising experience and 3) reduce risk of fraud and waste.
- Works closely within department (Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, UX, Social Media/Consumer Engagement) to ensure alignment between content and commerce, with particular focus on growth and conversion rate optimization
- Provides guidance when necessary for acquisition and retention strategies executed by internal Digital Marketing team along with outside agencies
This leader will be responsible for maximizing investment ROI and play a critical role in driving company revenue. S/he will not only build core capabilities and structure (establishing digital media plans, measurement frameworks, evaluating channel mix, etc.) but have a keen understanding of profit, possess an innate curiosity and understanding of consumer behavior, and apply a rigorous commercial lens.
S/he will work closely with cross functional partners in creative, data & analytics, and e-commerce teams in order to achieve goals and drive results. The Vice President, E-commerce and Digital Strategy will bring a deep understanding of the evolving digital media and performance marketing landscape, with expertise in placing the customer experience and strong brand propositions at the forefront of all digital solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Technical Sciences; additional business studies preferred (MBA or certificate
- Seasoned manager of high-performance digital marketing and e-commerce teams, with experience building collaborative and high-achieving teams and coaching/growing team members, ideally in a multi-channel retail environment with high CAGR DTC businesses
- Deep experience with business planning and e-commerce strategy design, development and execution
- Experience with enterprise-level e-commerce platforms (Magento, Shopify Plus, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Hybris, etc.) as well as experience with modern Content Management Systems, preferably a working knowledge of headless concepts
- Deep experience in digital media planning, buying and measurement, ideally also with significant exposure to traditional/offline media, including but not limited to SEM/SEM, SEO, Affiliate/CSE, Programmatic/RTB, PPC, Paid/Organic Social, SMS/Email Marketing, Native/Content Marketing and Video (Linear/Broadcast, OTT/CTV)
- Experience with enterprise digital asset management (DAM) and enterprise product information management (PIM), particularly with external feed management and enrichment
- Deep understanding of performance marketing, KPIs, and analytics. A data-driven strategist who has managed complex and large programs to grow cohort driven CLV & active buyers while optimizing CAC and maximizing retention efforts across customer segments
- Strategic thinker with positive and energetic demeanor and strong contract negotiation skills
- Strong team building, staff development, change management and general leadership skills