The vice president of e-commerce merchandising is responsible for overseeing, developing and executing the merchandising strategy and tactical plans for Rite Aid across its digital channels to deliver revenue and profit goals. This role will be responsible for establishing and building out the e-commerce merchandising team using industry best practices to develop existing associates and recruit best-in-class talent. This role oversees a team that consists of category management, pricing, marketplaces, and marketing functions. This critical senior leadership role offers the opportunity to shape the future of a Fortune 100 company by driving the digital merchandising and customer experience strategy, helping lead Rite Aid through a digital transformation and into the future health and wellness retail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Merchandising and Category Strategy Leadership
- Develop, communicate and execute assortment, price, promotions, visual merchandising, and marketing category vision and strategies for RiteAid.com, BOPIS, and Marketplace channels.
- Drive engagement and loyalty with existing customers, while also attracting new target customers.
- Maintain robust competitive intelligence and insights.
- Develop new innovative ideas and retail concepts.
- Report performance highlights weekly, with key insights and actions.
- Leverage data and analytics to inform short- and long-term strategies and tactics.
- Monitor and analyze e-commerce site, with the goal of driving changes and optimization(s) based on inventory, web sales, and retail sales; update consistently based on inventory, newness, and sales trends.
- Partner with supply chain and replenishment teams to optimize inventory and fulfillment performance and financials.
Digital Channel Performance Optimization
- Monitor and optimize Rite Aid’s direct web, mobile, social, omni-enabled channels, as well as marketplaces (Amazon, Instacart) to deliver a best-in-class consumer experience.
- Develop, test and refine e-commerce and channel-specific pricing and promotion strategies.
- Contribute to the flawless execution and day-to-day optimization of visual merchandising and product content strategies.
- Identify areas to improve site conversion based on a deep understanding of site metrics, industry best practices, target customers, the competitive landscape, and brand and business goals.
Partnerships Development: Internal and External
- Effectively target, attract and partner with new brands and suppliers to achieve category strategies across owned, drop-ship and marketplace channels.
- Build a collaborative relationship with store category management to leverage both teams' data and insights.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to ensure a harmonized omnichannel customer experience across all brand touchpoints.
People and Organizational Leadership
- Attract and develop top talent, building a high-performance team culture.
- Help lead the enterprise digital transformation effort.
- Constantly think outside the box and be solution-oriented for continuous improvement.
- Leverage strong business acumen to prioritize and execute smartly, supporting all decisions with financial and quantitative analysis.
This position directly supervises a team of category managers, pricing manager, distributed channels/marketplace manager, and associates.
- Seven-plus years of e-commerce experience required (startup or hyper growth experience a plus)
- Fifteen to 20-plus years in merchandising, category management and/or marketing
- Deep knowledge of e-commerce best practices; strong merchandising point of view and the proven ability to link knowledge of branding and target customers to key e-commerce strategy, driving the business
- Demonstrated responsibility for digital revenue and optimization
- Passionate about health and wellness, and always up-to-date on the newest product trends and brands
- Unrivaled verbal and written communication skills, an excellent cross-functional collaborator and motivator
- Team player with no-task-too-small attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience leading a team of e-commerce category managers
- Deep understanding of an e-commerce P&L and the drivers of the unit economics
- Experience running a digital business outside of a direct .com first-party business — e.g., marketplace, drop-ship, Instacart, BOPIS, etc.
- Experience with pricing and margin optimization tactics
- Passion for user experience and visual merchandising; no detail goes unnoticed
- Digital marketing savvy; experience running and owning a digital marketing budget
• Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) required
• Master’s degree in Arts/Sciences (MA/MS) preferred