The vice president, e-commerce will contribute to TOMS success by serving as a key business partner to the chief merchandising officer/GM of Americas, collaborating with cross-functional business leaders as well as providing direction and leadership for e-commerce strategy and business planning. The vice president, e-commerce is critical to TOMS growth plan, and is responsible for driving the development and execution of the overall e-commerce strategy, including online demand generation, website customer experience and engagement, web analytics, and customer service.
The ideal candidate will possess prior experience in the footwear category and/or experience with contemporary apparel and/or accessory brands. Additionally, he/she will possess strong vendor relations, project management, communication and analytical skills, as well as experience working for a data-driven, multichannel, direct-to-consumer e-commerce retailer. Additionally, this candidate will be able to identify trends across the region to connect with key consumers segments to promote brand loyalty and grow the business with respect to digital connectivity, community and brand authenticity to deliver on an integrated omnichannel consumer experience. Partnering with key leaders across the company in the areas of merchandising, marketing, wholesale and technology, the vice president of e-commerce will strive to deliver consistency in the customer experience and ensure a market-leading position for this dynamic and unique company.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to direct report team and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization.
- Cultivate strong and transparent working relationships across the organization, ensuring open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Lead with compelling strategic vision that's in alignment with the company’s short- and long-term goals and strategic plan.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Clearly identify a strategy for execution in alignment with long-range plan and strategic priorities to drive revenue and increase market share, developing strategic and operational plans for the team, managing execution, and measuring and delivering results.
- Full P&L responsibility of TOMS e-commerce North America.
- Responsible for developing entire e-commerce budget, including annual budgets around advertising spend, return on ad spend, member and customer growth, and other appropriate metrics.
- Ongoing analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of TOMS North America website sales, methods, costs and results.
- Leverage customer insight and constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues and risks in order to recommend strategies and tactics.
- Drive customer acquisition and top-line growth through search engine marketing, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, and display retargeting, focusing on revenue goals and EBITDA expansion all the while being value and mission driven.
- Lead analytics team to understand user behavior across all digital channels to help improve site engagement and increase conversion of key metrics.
- Work closely with the brand marketing team on website content generation in telling the TOMS story and maximize return through testing, site optimization, and improving online customer experience.
- Provide best-in-class customer care operation through both internal team and external vendors.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Direct e-commerce strategy across all products and online assets in support of overall business growth and revenue targets; oversight of daily web operations, seasonal e-commerce strategies to ensure all projects support the brand strategy and contribute to growth.
- Deliver inspiring brand content in addition to a premium merchandised product domain to optimize e-commerce business.
- Own user experience, monitor performance and propose continuous improvements along key metrics such as traffic, conversion, order value, returns and cancellations.
- Identify and recommend emerging trends and advancements in web technologies in order to drive new business opportunities that focus on return on investment.
- Oversee the planning and development of the site production calendar and ensure all cross-functional deliverables are met in accordance with assigned deadlines.
- Analyze trends in customer service call-outs and implement improvement to address common issues; collaborate with customer service, fraud and logistics to ensure a best-in-class experience.
- Ensure the enterprise delivers on its financial plans (sales, margin, contribution, inventory turns) through online purchases.
- 12-plus years of successful leadership experience in a complex, multibrand, multichannel global environment. This must include experience in the footwear industry.
- Must have experience as a manager who can properly influence people, process and technology in a manner that enriches the company’s culture and overall sales team performance.
- Must have a successful track record of leadership and the ability to attract, develop and retain world-class talent.
- Must be a consummate team player, putting others before self, and actively engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be customer focused, both internal and external to the company.
- Must be an outstanding servant leader, with excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be business savvy and have the ability to grasp the business model and strategic plans of the enterprise.
- Must be highly adept and capable of building and maintaining trusted partnerships and relationships across the board with business unit leadership as well as with the company’s external consumer, wholesale, retail and cross-functional partners.