Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises — our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to discover different?
As the vice president, enterprise data and analytics, you will provide leadership and strategic direction for the end-to-end management, delivery, and technical oversight of the capabilities in IT’s business intelligence and data analytics domain.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Accountable for developing and delivering the business intelligence and data analytics program and project portfolio, one that delivers extreme value for the TJX business, on-time, on-budget, with agreed upon scope and quality measures.
- Accountable for building an engineering team that has the required technical leadership and skill set that can deliver modern data solutions utilizing modern concepts (e.g., big data, cognitive solutions, etc.), technologies (e.g., public cloud, real-time pipelines, etc.) and methodologies (e.g., Agile, DevOps etc.).
- Develops a collaborative vision for ‘Analytics’ across the enterprise and connects the dots between the enabling and emerging technologies from their inception, through to implementation (and a subsequent improvement in business performance/insights).
- Stays current on industry trends and technology, proactively identifying and championing innovative solutions that help drive quality solutions for the business.
- Ensures compliance to data and enterprise architecture standards, as well as all regulatory, internal compliance, and industry best practice standards.
- Responsible for the overall creation, maintenance and governance of reporting and standards, conventions, tools and consistency.
- Partners with senior IT and business leadership to understand analytical reporting needs and priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in business intelligence and data warehousing systems design, development, and solution delivery, as well as experience with large enterprise data systems
- Deep knowledge of:
- Modern data engineering and analytics landscape (big data, public cloud, data science, real-time data analytics and cognitive solution)
- Data analytics landscape of a large enterprise (preferably for a large retailer), including longstanding data concepts (enterprise data warehouse, master data management, enterprise information management, etc.)
- Building technology solutions using Agile methodologies leveraging DevOps and engineering mind-set.
- The solution delivery life cycle, including project management, business requirements, application development, testing, technologies/platforms, agile development methodologies, use of product team structures, and/or other applicable methodologies.
- How data and analytics can combine to drive operational reporting, analysis, predictive models/forecasts and, ultimately, insights.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence geographically distributed work groups at all levels.
- Deep experience leading teams, coaching, mentoring staff, evaluating performance, and providing thoughtful and candid performance feedback.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding and fluid environment; remains calm under pressure, demonstrates excellent conflict and risk management skills.
- Structured, organized thinker who can balance ‘big picture storytelling’ with the nuances of the underlying enabling solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate collaboration across all levels of the IT and business areas.
- Experience in modernizing legacy data landscape for an enterprise into a modern data and analytics capability leveraging public cloud, data science and big data technologies.
- Experience in building, supporting and developing teams that build technology solutions using Agile methodologies leveraging DevOps and an engineering mind-set.
- Extensive experience attracting, managing, coaching and retaining high-performing teams.
- Past experience as a technical expert in engineering, SQL, data analytics, BI, etc., prior to leadership/management of multidisciplined teams.