About this Opportunity
Establish Brand positioning and strategy and drive brand messaging through coordinated campaigns that align messages across multiple audiences. Provide strategic leadership for the Herman Miller Brand Marketing team to increase Herman Miller Brand awareness, engagement and preference resulting in growth of the Herman Miller Brand.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Herman Miller Group means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We create places where people love to be, places that reflect who they are, places that truly matter to people. And our success allows Herman Miller Group to support causes that align with our values, so we can help create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Lead and be accountable for the vision, strategy, and results of brand positioning and campaigns, harmonizing a clear brand message across all channels, online and offline.
- Accountable for developing the Herman Miller brand strategy and program implementation to deliver long-term goals that result in the identification and preference of our brand and that grow brand awareness, engagement, reputation, and customer retention.
- Align Herman Miller brand message and programs to target audiences and business objective across channel, geographies, and audiences.
- Maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Drive priority Herman Miller brand messages via integrated campaigns, which are delivered in partnership with to channel marketing teams and global marketing services.
- Partner with executive leadership to ensure Herman Miller Brand Marketing strategies and brand standards are in alignment with corporate goals.
- Partner with Herman Miller Creative Director on creative execution and partner with channels to align messages, campaigns, language, etc.
- Research and maintain knowledge of emerging design and culture themes and industry trends.
- Ensure HM Brand Marketing activities are conducted within fiscally-accountable parameters that deliver on our financial commitments to our stakeholders.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or applicable discipline or equivalent professional experience required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of Marketing leadership experience; global leadership experience preferred.
- Successful experience in brand management, marketing and advertising communications in a direct leadership role.
- A strong marketing background with the ability to recognize great storytelling and visual.
- Deep understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing.
- Extensive agency management experience with deep exposure to direct marketing, on-line marketing and emerging marketing channels.
- Strategic Brand Marketing experience, with significant work history building brand awareness, aligning desired perceptions, and increasing brand engagement, through a range of strategies and tactics.
- Proven ability to partner with creatives, aligning creative work via clear briefs and reviews. Ability to use broad business acumen and holistic perspective to see opportunities, risks and trade-offs. Must possess global business experience, be profit conscious, and proficient with significant P&L measures.
- Highly adept at leading through influence, and proven ability to deliver results via collaborative teams.
- Strong relationship and consensus-building skills necessary to manage projects in a complex matrixed environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work with all levels in the organization.
- Proven history of successfully driving key strategic initiatives within an organization beyond the immediate span of control. Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Ability to build strong credibility and relationships at all levels internally and externally of the organization; must be able to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings and in diverse situations.
- Demonstrates excellent coaching, mentoring, and people development skills.
- Proven leadership ability with a demonstrated high level of integrity, and the willingness to accept responsibility and make decisions for expedient problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software and tools currently used in the HMI office environment.
- Successful experience with change management principles and demonstrated ability to drive and manage the change process from strategic planning through implementation and follow-thru.
- Demonstrated expert written/verbal communication skills, and a proven capability to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way to a variety of audiences, including the highest level of the organization and senior executives externally.
- Proven track record in conceptualizing, implementing and managing an exciting brand vision and marketing plans.
- Exhibits high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn and must be results oriented.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. Herman Miller is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
MillerKnoll, is a federal contractor and is subject to the requirements of Executive Order 14042. As such, we are requiring all of our U.S.-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021.
: United States-Michigan-Holland
: United States-New York-New York City