With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for providing leadership of the engineering function and setting out a robust technology strategy and delivery capability consistent with Chico’s FAS' vision and growth objectives. This individual will play a key role in the enterprisewide program to modernize technology across all Chico’s FAS operations.
This is a pivotal role that partners with other technology and business leaders to define and evolve our technology architecture, while sourcing, leading and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact commerce, marketing and content capabilities for Chico’s FAS.
This role will be a key executive in driving a digital-first transformation by enabling scalable and flexible technology applications.
As the leader of Engineering, you will work collaboratively with Product Management, vendors, and business stakeholders to architect and create enterprise-level technology solutions that are cutting-edge and transformational for the growth of our business. Other peers include performance marketing, e-commerce, global applications, data, and infrastructure, driving our board-approved transformation across the business. The ideal candidate will be a strong hands-on leader with proven experience in driving change, have full-stack technical knowledge, and the ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Build, manage and lead an engineering team focused on delivering world-class omnichannel solutions with a focus on driving revenue and differentiation.
- Function as the innovation thought leader in the omnichannel commerce, digital marketing and digital content solutions space for the enterprise.
- Understand and predict emerging technologies, service and functionality trends as well as comprehend market adoption of emerging service and business models.
- Lead the e-commerce re-platform project and sunset legacy systems like ATG.
- Drive digital solutions and recommend industry standards and best practices, across cloud, on-premise or hybrid architectures.
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs and market dynamics to create compelling propositions and set the path forward to market-winning products.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with Product Management, Data, E-Commerce, Marketing and Creative teams to adopt best practices and align technologies with business use cases.
- Build a culture that's empowered to provide recommendations for continuous improvement and development.
- Work closely with other groups to coordinate strategies, priorities and interdependent initiatives.
- Serve as owner and point of contact for the respective technology solutions and ensure appropriate technology is implemented in alignment with business needs.
- Champion Agile and DevOps as a means to improve operational process and increase velocity of the team.
- Lead application development and support vendor identification, evaluation and selection to staff project delivery roles that meet delivery standards across quality and budgetary return on investment goals from both internal and external teams.
- Own direct accountability for overall project/program delivery of your development teams and vendors ensuring the successful execution and delivery of projects that meet scope, timing and cost goals.
- Build, execute and maintain a customer-centric solutions strategy.
- Partner with chief digital officer to simplify and validate solutions for presentation to board-level personnel.
- Partner to create and optimize workflows and system processes between tools to serve consumer experience needs.
- Co-own and manage consumer technology solutions and vendor relationships.
- Value individuality and the diverse talents of the team. Lead the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Four-year degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field of study preferred — MS degree a plus
- Five-plus years of leadership experience leading direct reports within agile and waterfall environments — prior VP highly desired
- Ten-plus years or more leadership experience in digital consumer-related technologies
- Ten-plus years of hands-on software engineering/development experience
- Strong knowledge of microservices with a keen understanding of orchestration
- Strong proficiency with e-commerce, marketing and digital technology landscape and trends across the stack (e.g., e-comm, MarTech, CDP, CRM)
- Strong understanding of OMS, WMS, DOM technologies
- Experience delivering end-to-end technology implementation solutions
- Experience working in an agile environment practicing core agile principles
- Strong experience working in a highly transactional e-commerce environment
- Has held senior enterprise and/or solutions architecture roles in a company of similar size and complexity
- Experience working within a matrix environment, liaising with peers across multiple project streams and geographical regions — comfortable working with Marketing, Operations, Finance and CX teams to fully understand needs and possibilities
- A mindset for continuous innovation and the communication skills to articulate the business case for data investment to the board in a compelling fashion
- Strong senior-level leadership skills with proven ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple concurrent initiatives, both on time and on budget
- Strong knowledge of business strategy development, business process management, budgeting and business operations
- Demonstrable success in progressive leadership positions building and leading cross-functional teams and enterprisewide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex, matrixed contexts
- Demonstrated ability in the successful delivery of tangible outcomes with significant business value
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strategic working relationships
- Proven experience leading change, using different approaches and methodologies
- Strong bias for action
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team
- Superior vendor management skills
Chico’s FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military service, veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.