Brought to life in 1999 by a board-certified dermatologist, Dermstore became a wholly owned subsidiary of Target in 2013. Sharing the beloved retail brand’s commitment to an elevated and differentiated shopping experience, Dermstore is known for its unparalleled service, product expertise, and uniquely scientific approach to fine cosmetic dermatology products. Today, we offer hundreds of skincare and cosmetic brands, from in-demand professional-strength formulas otherwise only available from a doctor, to exclusive spa care, salon-grade and hard-to-find niche and specialty brands from around the world. Join our team in Los Angeles (near the amazing Dermstore Facial Spa and Shop in Hermosa Beach), where we’re building the future of this innovative, trusted and growing dermatologist-backed online store.
This role will be responsible for the customer experience as we nurture, guide and serve the largest community who invest in their skin health by overseeing customer service, site merchandising, consumer journey and email/loyalty.
Dermstore’s data- and insight-driven customer marketing efforts, with a core focus on growth and engagement. This individual will be responsible for driving our CRM and database strategy, including segmenting, personalization, and loyalty programs. This individual will also oversee the analytics and intelligence team melding online and offline data sources to create actionable insights that improve our omnichannel performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
Drive positive customer experiences that create customer surprise and delight, retention and growth; build on insights and the voice of the customer as derived from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Champion and leverage data sources, such as voice-of-customer insights and analytics, emotional and behavioral research, and customer journey mapping, to fully understand our customers’ experience while focusing daily on delivering value to the company, solving customer experience problems, and realistically developing new opportunities.
- Define and execute multichannel programs designed to recruit and retain Dermstore customers. Provide strategic direction for the tools and technology needed to support the implementation of these programs. Lead the development of database marketing analytics such as statistical modeling, predictive analytics, and other data-driven techniques to improve customer insights, retention, and loyalty.
- Lead, develop and execute the design and implementation of a customer segmentation system, and develop a holistic view of the customer sourced from multiple channels. Identify customer life cycles, calculate customer lifetime value, and develop personalized segments to be used for both recruitment and re-engagement.
- Own and optimize BeautyFIX (monthly subscription box) and Rewards programs.
- Own, define and drive key performance indicators as related to the customer experience (e.g., NPS).
- Lead internal team and external agencies to deliver unique insights and data-driven programs across digital channels.
- 12-plus years in CRM, loyalty or customer success, with a focus on driving data-driven and targeted experiences
- Experience working across the full customer marketing funnel (acquisition, conversion and engagement).
- Experience leading and optimizing customer loyalty/retention programs.
- Retail or e-commerce experience (experience within beauty or fashion is a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of CRM and martech platforms
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities and actionable insights that are not readily apparent and clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Highly organized self-starter, with a data-driven mentality and a bias towards action
- A strong colleague and company advocate who sets an example of professionalism within the company
- Sought-after builder of staff and peer mentor
- BA/BS degree is required, MBA is a plus