Who we are:
Founded by a dream team of world-class cosmetic scientists, MIT engineers, and developers, Function of Beauty creates personalized shampoo and conditioner formulations that are individually filled and formulated based on one’s unique hair type, hair goals, and preferences.
At Function of Beauty, We Embrace Change – We Pursue (Pear)fection – We Hear You – We Work Hard, Play Hard!
Our team members enjoy a discount on our amazing products, medical, dental, and vision coverage starting the month after joining our team, a generous PTO package, 401(k) with company match, plenty of room for professional growth and so much more! Come join our amazing team!
The Vice President of US Marketing and Business Development will work with the executive leadership team to accelerate and scale the company’s growth within Retail by driving brand-building strategies and managing day-to-day marketing and new business functions.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement marketing and strategies, particularly in support of growing wholesale channel, and lead cross functional efforts to drive wholesale channel.
- With brand marketing team, lead campaign development and key brand message development. Build content and communications plans to support campaigns.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights. With Growth team, own and report on all media and acquisition strategies and KPIs.
- Maintain pulse on market climate and competitive positioning. Collaborate with brand team to devise short and long term innovation plan for Retail.
- Direct, establish, maintain, and plan the overall policies and goals for business development department. Identify potential business partners and negotiates agreements. Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Collaborate with cross functional team leaders to up processes in order to optimize management of multiple wholesale accounts including: operations, distribution, merchandising, growth, e-retail, media, and communications.
- Manage and track Retail Marketing and Business Development budget. Own Retail P&L. Own Retail pricing strategies across all global markets. Develop promotional strategies within and across markets to drive sales while protecting brand equity, and maximize ROI.
- Work with Finance and Operations teams to manage launch, forecasting and performance tracking processes.
- Work with other departments to ensure alignment of company goals, as set by senior management.
Who you are:
- 12+ years in marketing and business development position with 5+ years managing and leading successful teams. \\
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns
- A proven track record in a high growth organization within e-commerce, beauty, or consumer products or a DTC business.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills. Outstanding writing, presentation and communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams Strong organizational, time management and project management skills Resourceful, self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Experience with digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing. Familiarity with a wide range of social media platforms and community management and analytics tools.
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- High degree of proficiency with Google, Slack, MS Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to successfully do the job.
Function of Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer