American Dream, developed by Triple Five Group, is an unparalleled mix of world-class entertainment, retail and dining, comprising more than 3 million square feet in East Rutherford, New Jersey, just minutes away from New York City. American Dream is home to leading attractions that include DreamWorks Water Park, Nickelodeon Universe, Big SNOW, Angry Birds Not So Mini Golf Club, The Rink, Out of This World Blacklight Mini Golf, and a curated collection of premier dining and retail stores, including flagship locations for H&M, Uniqlo, and Primark, as well as lululemon, Sephora, Aritzia, Zara, and IT’SUGAR, the world’s first “candy department store.” For more information on American Dream, visit www.americandream.com or follow us on Instagram @americandream.
About the Role
The main purpose of the vice president of operations is to provide American Dream with the vision to help the company become more profitable, while ensuring cross-functional departments operate smoothly and are able to meet company objectives. This position will be responsible for the interior and exterior assets of the American Dream property, to include parking, traffic and security.
What You Can Expect
- Provide managerial direction and control of departmental activities; plan, direct and review the activities and operations of the department; provide leadership and support directly and through subordinate supervisors and department staff.
- Oversee and manage the cleanliness of the facility.
- Ensure external vendors are adhering to contract commitments, including invoicing.
- Manage the logistics of the center, including the docks, the waste and recycle programs, as well as all maintenance teams.
- Maintain logbooks for work order tickets, OSHA compliance, and other regulatory agency compliance needs.
- Establish and manage a proactive preventative maintenance program for the center.
- Work closely with the director of construction and development teams to ensure project completion in a safe manner.
- Support events and group sales by assisting with operational needs to execute events.
- Oversee the overall safety and security of the center.
- Develop and manage departmental annual operating expenses, including budgets and contracts for capital projects, repairs and maintenance.
- Organize, direct and oversees the efforts of subordinates to meet the goals of the organization and provide ongoing review and feedback.
- Direct and coordinate activities within the department to maintain or improve the services provided to tenants, guests and other departments.
- Review and analyze government projects and regulations affecting the property.
- Ensure compliance and documentation requirements with building regulations administered by local/national governments and insurance.
- Manage and coordinate responses to emergency situations as required.
- Gather and analyze management information for presentation in variety of formats.
- Regular, reliable and consistent operational presence and support, which includes a rotation of weekends and holidays.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Facilities Management, Building Construction and Engineering, Architecture or related field, with eight years to 10 years commercial building operations management experience to include knowledge of: building materials and construction techniques; construction documents, including blueprints; mechanical and electrical design and operation; automated building management systems; life/safety systems; and utility services.
- Experience working with local and state agencies related to property operations.
- Demonstrated skills in commercial property financial management, negotiations of service and contract agreements with contractors and service providers.
- Experience with building operation and service in a northern climate.