Lead and direct the Product Development, Logistics, and QA teams in order to stabilize and build scalable sourcing strategies and partnerships to meet the growth needs of the business while improving gross margin significantly. Particular focus on implementing and leading best practices and improvements across all departments including but not limited to vendor management, on-shore production, new direct to factory partners, logistics management, product development timeline reduction, fabric sourcing and PLM implementation.
- Drive supply chain initiatives that enable speed, flexibility, and agility to deliver profitable top-line growth and gross margin percentage improvement.
- Manage vendor/supplier relationship and monitor supplier performance and compliance using company policies and established evaluation criteria both qualitative and quantitative
- Manages and leads raw material, and sourcing teams as they effectively identify, source, develop and negotiate all components of the product
- Develop and maintain cross-functional relationships within the brand
- Strategically manages all pre-costing activities and negotiations with suppliers to meet or exceed targeted product costs, quality and delivery requirements.
- Strategically aligns style/vendor allocation to maximize bulk fabric opportunities.
- Manages the development and communication of seasonal time and action calendars and ensures internal and external teams follow required dates.
- Ensures suppliers comply with compliance and production policy and standard operating processes.
- Partners with Merchants & Planning to execute and leverage core fabric placements to help deliver margin and delivery targets. Monitors liabilities ensuring the consumption or resolution to minimize financial exposure.
- Monitors all vendor chargeback's and/or discount details.
- Leads team in building long term vendor partnerships and alliances.
- Conduct key research of competitors for countries of origin pricing, timing, flow fabrics, and styles to continually improve efficiency of supply chain operations
- Optimize product cost by understanding macroeconomic climate and various levers to unlock value
- Provides leadership to ensure and maintain measurement and fit consistency by product category and across vendor base, including both market and development vendors.
- 10+ years minimum of Supply Chain: Product Development/Sourcing, Logistics, & QA experience inclusive of international trade.
- Solid knowledge of production processes, costing and logistics for women's apparel
- Solid knowledge of International Trade Law and US Apparel and Customs regulations
- Superior management skills, including the ability to provide leadership and motivation.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage workflow and projects for the team and CFT
- Self-Motivated, creative problem solver with a strong sense of urgency
- Computer literate in Google mail or comparable software, Product and PO tracking software, PLM, Excel and Word
- 4 Year College Degree
- Strategic agility
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to build effective teams
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company
- Process management
- Negation skills
- Extensive knowledge of yarns and fabric construction and garment manufacturing and how it relates to cost
- Leadership capability to drive change
- Knowledge of trade policies and legislative action
- Access to extensive network of contracts and relationships
- Ability to drive projects to successful completion