Be part of the Chico’s FAS personalization journey! The vice president, consumer and market knowledge, reports to our chief operations officer, Ann Joyce (a WIRLC member and former WIRLS speaker), and will oversee all Center of Excellence CRM, customer insights, and advanced analytics teams and functions. This role is based in Fort Myers, FL (it's 75 degrees here today) and works with an incredible leadership team! Click here to read more from three amazing women leaders at Chico’s FAS.
The role of the vice president of consumer and market knowledge is to oversee all center of excellence CRM, customer insights, and advanced analytics teams and functions. This person will oversee building the company's overall consumer management capability in order to provide a high level of service and excellent consumer experience, as well as capture data across all key touchpoints of the business to ultimately drive overall loyalty and customer file health. This role is responsible for leading the marketing analytics, customer planning, insights, advanced analytics and operations teams, while collaborating with brand partners to drive strategic initiatives and overall brand growth. This person is responsible for influencing strategy development and decision making by taking a holistic, objective and integrated view of the business and its marketing programs, and delivering actionable data analytics, synthesis and insights.
- Lead the vision to maximize the value of marketing and analytics and insights.
- Act as a collaborative catalyst for change to inspire new thinking and lead innovation in decision science and analytics for the organization.
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness and create and execute a strategic measurement and framework that supports both operational and longer-term decisions.
- Provide insight to maximize marketing and sales investments and impact, with a strong focus on predictive/prescriptive decision making.
- Partner with brands to expand their loyalty programs by providing data to help drive and develop a more robust program.
- Partner with brands to expand personalization strategy to become a compelling competitive advantage as well as to drive and develop a deeper connection and loyalty with our customer.
- Analyze ongoing business and consumer performance to identify risks and opportunities.
- Provide senior management with strategies to influence overall sales based on identified consumer trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders in technology, marketing, digital, forecasting and finance to influence strategies and decision making.
- Oversee reporting and operations team to ensure smooth and timely execution of campaigns, reports and analysis.
- Identify and document systems to be studied; identify relevant databases for targeted mining efforts; and determine and validate the quality of needed data in those databases.
- Lead detailed learning and statistical analysis of targeted databases for the purpose of opportunity identification/discovery and decision support.
- Lead operational initiatives and special projects across divisions and the corporation, including driving implementation and monitoring progress.
- Evaluate complex, cross-functional business situations, supported by data analytics, to derive actionable insights to drive top- and bottom-line growth.
- Value individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Lead the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- 12-plus years of progressive leadership experience, preferably in marketing data sciences/advanced analytics
- Deep experience in best practice predictive analytics, statistical modeling and optimization
- Subject matter expert in marketing, paid media, CRM, digital and social media analytics
- Demonstrated ability to create an innovative vision as well as lead and develop a team to deliver on the vision
- Demonstrated ability to influence partners and senior leadership with a collaborative and solution-oriented approach
- Strong ability to glean insights and tell a story from data, analytics and insights, inspiring action and change
- Proven ability to lead a team of highly capable leaders, anticipating the quickly changing marketing and sales landscape and inspiring and aligning the team around a clear, achievable vision
- Skillful and impactful communicator with the ability to deliver presentations with poise, confidence and authentic style
- Proven ability to establish relationships, trust and credibility, and follow through on decisions
- Strong negotiating skills
- Highly analytical and proficient
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Strong leadership skills