The VP, Creative Director is responsible for shaping and driving a creative strategy that will catapult Casper into its next chapter of growth and category authority. The VP is a dynamic leader responsible for innovative campaigns and messaging; bringing our products, people and mission to life across all channels. They must have a proven record of translating business and marketing strategies into inspiring world-class creative that resonate with customers. The ideal candidate should be an experienced senior creative leader who can manage an extensive creative portfolio and demonstrates experience translating a creative vision across many channels including our websites, social media, physical spaces and digital media. This is a highly collaborative role requiring strong communication skills and the ability to partner with many teams as well as external partners. This person is a team leader who can elevate the work developed by their teams as well as attract, develop and retain top creative talent. This person must have passion, capability, resourcefulness and relentlessly high standards to help drive the creative vision for Casper. This role reports into the Chief Marketing Officer.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, you will:
- Establish and own creative direction that evolves and distinguishes the Casper brand, being obsessed with the brand’s purpose, consistency, and legitimacy
- Translate marketing, creative, and strategic objectives into branded assets that drive prospective and customer engagement, adapting to different channels
- Provide expertise and industry perspective where technology, retail, and lifestyle culture meet with culturally-relevant concepts and campaigns responsible for growing brand equity and awareness while driving results.
- Have up to date expertise in today’s complex digital landscape and be able to develop concepts for multi-platform, multi-channel projects that meet business objectives
- Present multi-platform, multi-channel creative solutions and gracefully defend creative decisions to executive management
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of creatives, defining goals that help to reach company objectives, ensuring role clarity, accountability, and delegation
- Monitor creative output ensuring direct reports are effectively managing goals and priorities within their scope and areas of accountability.
- Provide high-level creative direction and guidance to optimize creative work produced by the teams (internal and external)
- Creatively inspire and motivate the team, and the company at large.
- Build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally with peers in leadership
- Evaluate talent and develop staffing plans to support business demands. Act as a coach and mentor to employees, providing them with career-broadening opportunities
Our dream candidate has:
- Abstract-thinking with creative energy, confidence and self-motivation
- An aptitude to be a key partner in a high-level team of creative and strategic thinkers obsessed with brand relevance in a fast-paced constantly changing retail culture
- 15+ years working in lifestyle, category-relevant product or retail brands, both in-house and in an agency, ideally with an omnichannel brand
- 10+ years leading and developing creative talent across all areas of expertise
- Proven track record of influencing up and across in matrixed organizations to deliver results
- End to end experience creatively leading productions for linear and non-linear TV, social media etc.
- A compelling storyteller with a clear talent for managing the delivery of concise, emotional and thoughtful work both strategically and creatively
- Has a point of view yet champions collaboration in their team and across departments
- The highest professional and ethical standards