This position is responsible for developing, directing and providing executive leadership for TSC Services offerings (current and new) to include but not limited to the Delivery/ Final Mile solutions to customers. This VP will be part of the VP of Store Administration’s Team and will play a key role in developing Tractor Supply’s Strategy to offer a differentiated service and solutions program for our customers. Key responsibilities include function, growth and evolution of the program, relationship management of third-party vendors and internal teams, as well as financial oversight. This position will be the primary owner for the Services and Delivery Strategy and will champion the program throughout the organization to drive awareness, adoption, and growth.
- Responsible for the vision, strategy and execution for Services offerings (3rd Party Delivery and in-house) and will be responsible for all metric performances by providing strategic leadership and directing the Company’s Services/ Delivery Program, implement industry best practices and develop and enhance services strategies, policies and processes.
- Will build productive working relationships with various internal departments, and 3rd Party providers to implement strategies and achieve results.
- Works with insights and analytics teams to identify customer requirements and trends to drive fact-based offering evolvement.
- Work with Marketing to build a comprehensive market strategy to drive increased awareness, consideration and actions that translates to sales growth.
- Works closely with IT, e-commerce and digital teams to ensure an easy end-user experience that will drive adoption and frequency.
- Partner with Operations management to drive Delivery sales via local marketing activities, delivery processes and operational metrics. Plays a critical role in identifying new operational processes to keep Delivery operations as easy and reliable as possible.
- Manage external relationships and effectively communicate with third party service providers on all aspects of the program to include program execution, IT interface, customer service, risk management, sales growth etc. Includes identifying expansion opportunities, negotiations, implementation and on-going management.
- Oversee establishment and interpretation of key performance indicators, analytics, and reporting in order to maximize sales and offer solutions of differentiation.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends and technological innovations in order to promote development and implementation of new systems, processes, program features/benefits, and initiatives.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for Services and Delivery.
- Recruit, maintain and develop a highly trained and motivated staff. This includes the overall development of the Store Services team, including but not limited to hiring of staff, coaching and development of people, counseling and corrective action as needed. Model TSC Values and create a positive, productive work environment that enables the team to provide the maximum return to the organization. Hold team accountable for results.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations concerning Services and Delivery.
- A minimum of 10-years related experience in a Retail Services role, 5 years’ experience in retail strategy management/operations required.
- Successful experience in driving strategy development from conception to execution.
- Required working knowledge of operations and the impact the Delivery channel has on a location.
- 5 years of working with 3rd party providers preferred.
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships and collaborating with internal and external partners.
- Industry experience in supply chain with strengths in developing retail solutions and creating operational efficiencies.
- Knowledge of all phases of Delivery and Final Mile Solutions.
- Must have a strong understanding of external market forces that drive the Services business.
- Financial acumen with a high level of accountability. Advanced analytical ability and operational background.
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to create presentations and communicate at multiple levels.
- Can challenge current thinking when needed to identify new solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required. MBA preferred but not required. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Proven record of creating strategies and alliances for the effective development of solutions.
- Strong professional presence and excellent ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Established network of professional contacts within the Services/ Delivery Industry and the ability to leverage contacts and resources.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.