We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a VP to lead our FP&A team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will drive financial and strategic leadership across our business as we build the most beloved and trusted travel brand in the world. This role will lead and continue to build our FP&A team to ensure we're developing a scalable approach to long-term planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, international and retail expansion and more. You will report into the CFO and be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds and experiences to apply for this position. We’re creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we’re building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups and mandatory bias training, we’re building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the full company planning cycle including the long range planning process, annual operating plan and monthly/quarterly forecasting processes
- Responsible for overseeing and refining long range, driver based financial model for the business at Region/Channel level in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Drive annual operating plan cycle including target setting, guideline creation, managing calendar and milestones and producing presentations for senior leadership and board of directors
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we become a global organization
- Establish and lead process to prepare all financial forecasts in partnerships with leaders across the company
- Establish and lead capital planning process to evaluate all investment decisions across the company
- Lead expense and liquidity planning efforts in partnership with senior leadership
- Partner closely with Accounting and Treasury teams, proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes and forecasting accuracy across all areas of FP&A
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on assessing and analyzing critical business decisions
Who you are:
- 10+ years of progressive financial analysis experience. Background in retail or consumer goods preferred
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Data driven and goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively, and understand the importance of both
- Extraordinary Excel / PowerPoint / financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage a team
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but that’s a given!)
You’ll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You’ll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you’re here for three years, you’ll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- We’re not just employees. We’re people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous and inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, and a kitchen stocked with snacks and coffee.
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company’s growing quickly, and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more…! You can bring your dog to work. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.