FIGS is seeking a VP of Merchandising to lead the company’s merchandising strategy and team. In this role, you will develop and drive FIGS’ product and merchandise strategy to ensure that we are offering the optimal product assortment at all times, while also meeting the company’s financial targets. The role will work cross functionally with FIGS’ Design, Brand, Marketing, and Inventory Planning teams and will report directly to FIGS’ Co-CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct robust hindsight analyses on current and past product offerings to inform future merchandise strategy. Effectively articulate hindsight findings to key cross-functional partners, including Design, Production, Inventory Planning.
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of the healthcare apparel landscape and FIGS’ customer base through direct customer feedback and cross-functional partners. Using research and analysis, identify emerging opportunities for product and assortment innovation.
- Develop and own the line plan by working directly with Design to help create and select the styles that will comprise the line.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of easy-to-read assortment sheets and line plans in partnership with Design.
- Maintain financial accountability for the Merchandising function. Partner with Inventory Planning to establish monthly sales, margin, and buy plans by category across all channels.
- Manage all pricing decisions in partnership with Finance and Inventory Planning.
- Participate in garment fittings and reviews to ensure execution meets design aesthetic.
- Lead all communication with Brand and Marketing on merchandise strategy and product features.
- Partner with Brand and Visual Design to ensure photoshoots and marketing campaigns accurately reflect the merchandise strategy and product features.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Inventory Planning, and E-commerce Product to execute the merchandise life cycle plan.
- Manage, develop, and mentor all merchandising team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years of merchandising experience within apparel, preferably activewear
- Experience building and leading the merchandising function at a direct-to-consumer brand
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature