***Please note that this is a 12 month fixed contract with the opportunity to transition into a permanent position.***
We are looking for a driven, strategic product leader to partner with the executive team and build out the vision for the global product digital platform experience. Reporting into the President, the VP of Product will develop and lead the product management team to achieve our goals and vision to be the digital service destination for the casual consumer globally. The VP of Product will scale Birchbox’s digital channels, inclusive of our existing subscription and e-commerce channels, while setting strategy for our re-platform project and testing experiences. This person will partner with and lead teams, obsess over customer experience, and build our business to scale in 2021.
- Hire and develop the best: Manage and grow the product team across the entire subscription and e-commerce experience, and coach product management best practices.
- Set a vision: Build the product vision and create a roadmap that employs technology and great UX/UI, while meeting the goals of cross teams to unlock growth and support Birchbox’s position as the destination for the casual beauty and grooming consumer.
- Build for scale: Partner with the tech team to deliver a roadmap that balances feature development with long term scaling.
- Obsess over customers: Drive market and user research and employ data analysis and user testing to inform product requirements needed to build the leading casual beauty subscription and e-commerce platform.
- Drive discovery of Birchbox products: Partner with Brand Marketing, Content, Creative, Growth Marketing and Merchandising to evolve the customer journey into compelling experiences that go beyond the fundamental subscription and e-commerce purchase funnel. Facilitate a consumer-centric approach that will enhance engagement with our product and services, drive acquisition, improve retention, and growth in our shop sales.
- Drive conversion: Develop a transparent and engaging platform experience so the millions of visitors coming to birchbox.com have a clear understanding of our brand positioning as well as our products and services, and convert from visitors to buyers.
- Nurture excellent cross-functional relationships and a deep understanding of the business: Partner with all teams touching physical products for experience vision continuity.
- Think big: Inspire the organization to think differently and innovate. Provide thought leadership and collaborate to develop Birchbox’s product platform as best in class.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in product management roles working with engineering teams. D2C subscription and/or e-commerce is a big plus.
- 10+ years managing and leading teams of product managers and designers. Experience leading a product team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. Bonus points if the company was a start up.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable presenting to groups and executive teams.
A successful candidate...
- Obsesses over getting the customer experience right
- Is a passionate self-starter who is decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Earns trust with their direct team and stakeholders by practicing inclusive leadership; listening, treating other with respect and being willing to be vocally self-critical
- Values coaching and developing a team; has a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent who advance through the organization
- Leans on data to make decisions and when data is not available, searches for customer anecdotes to gain insight
- Is a builder who likes to invent on behalf of customers
- Is comfortable working with ambiguity