This position is responsible for leading the enterprise-wide internal and external growth agenda and strategy. Responsible for partnering with the CEO and members of the executive committee to define, align, and facilitate execution of the long-term competitive advantage and brand positioning in the marketplace through conducting research and analysis and developing the strategic plan and subsequent strategies to position the company for long term sustainable growth.
- Become an expert in the Farm & Ranch Industry (including Pet & Wellness Services) and use this knowledge to guide business development efforts.
- Assisting with identifying and prioritizing the overall strategic direction of the Company informed by industry research, analysis, and technology trends and assuring that business planning activities are aligned with the strategy. Develop a data excellence center that identifies trends and insights as well as ongoing competitive analysis. Communicate point of view on identified trends and insights.
- Manage all aspects of the development and delivery of the annual strategic plan and quarterly updates by partnering with external partners, the CEO and executive leadership team and the Enterprise Project Management Office (PMO).
- Partner with executive business leaders to develop and lead robust test and learn activities that frame next generation growth initiatives.
- Responsible for financial evaluation and modeling of potential opportunities/risks of new markets, licenses, or product offerings as well as exiting categories (comparable analysis, financial impact analysis, etc.).
- Establish and drive organizational alignment with corporate goals through operational KPIs and governance.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the strategic plans are met.
- Responsible for Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) transaction coordination execution (e.g., strategy, due diligence, negotiation, documentation, and integration).
- Manage a team; responsible for hiring, coaching and developing with positive engagement and provide direction and feedback to ensure development of team members.
Experience: 10+ years in corporate strategy, consulting or technology research or related field, including 5 years of leadership experience. Experience leading diverse functional areas such as digital, marketing, business intelligence, strategy, merchandising, private label brands, etc. 5 years leadership experience in a combination of IT infrastructure services, networking/telecommunications, data center operations, IT service management, risk management, information security and disaster recovery planning.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred. Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Ability to set strategic vision and direction.
- Analytical and project management skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship building and consulting skills
- Job Impact: Thinking within broadly defined policies and objectives. Problem areas are not clearly defined and policies are formulated within broad functional guidelines. Must establish the plan, determine the priorities and prescribe the processes needed to achieve the objectives.
- Business Impact: Has the degree of independence needed to achieve results within budgets, plans, policies, and precedents. Involved in creating functional precedents/policies. Freedom to establish expected results and determine how and when results are to be achieved. Able to implement standards and operating procedures to define how work is completed within department. Goals/objectives have a monthly/annual focus.